Information required

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvkpe1

Reaction score
I have a problem with a pull switch on a Chinese made mirror light which has an intermittent connection. Apart from the obvious wiring fault (single switch connected in the neutral) the main problem is finding a suitable replacement switch, I have tried RS and Maplins, and have searched the internet but can't seam to find a component supplier. Does anyone know a likely source? The exact style doesn't matter as long as I can mount it in the same type of way.

The switch is mounted with two screws passing through the two holes in the body of it and screwed to the upper side of the shelf, with the cord passing through the wooden shelf at the top of the unit, the wiring, switch and transformer has a plastic cover over it held down by two more screws.

Pullswitch.jpg

Thanks

Mark

I would think you will have to make up a new arrangement with a different style of cord switch, Miniature Pull Cord Switch and a small plastic enclosure to mount it in.

Doc H.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 15:31 ---------- Previous post was made at 15:29 ----------

Ah, Andy has beat me to it suggesting the same thing!

Doc H.