Innovating Tools & Products

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Buchan

Reaction score
Hello my fellow professionals,

I invite you to post the most innovating tools or products that you use (or would like to use) that really do enhance your life and make your daily routine of work a whole lot easier, this can range from anything from computer software to power tools. I'm trying to compile a thread of great products so that everyone out there is aware of them,ok I'll kick it off with these two;

1. Motorised rachet cable cropper attachment for battery gun

2. Flexible drill bit with manipulation tool + fish eye (so drill bit doubles up as flexible fish rod) Fantastic!

View attachment 1091

View attachment 1092

View attachment 1093

View attachment 1094

View attachment 1095

View attachment 1096

The vid for the cable croppers can be found here [YT][/YT]

https://www.youtube.com/embed/E5_66FwcCKk?feature=oembed[YT][/YT]01_DVersiBIT_drilling.jpg

02_AugerBit-bend.jpg

03_AugerBit-stand.jpg

04_DVersiBit-drilling-instructions.jpg

05_application.jpg

07_12-04-54A_height.jpg

powerblade.jpg

Thought this would make an interesting thread, and possibly help us out at some point in the future.

I cant really suggest any. 1st year apprentice, my box is bare! lol.

-EDIT- Ive just realised a similar thread has been made! :(

Got a link to the flexible drill bit, could do with one of them.

is this an advert looking for support,?

the rachet cable cutter I would give minus to, I have used one in the past and they are rubbish,

OK, I have not used the one stated but I doubt it will actually be any good.

sorry to be a bad omen.

The Drill bits are Yankee products and if you browse the net there are retailers who will import them over, the three brands major brands are greenlee, d'versabit and piranahabit.

As far as I'm aware I don't think anyone sells them in the UK (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Here's a store that stocks them and will import to UK

http://cableorganizer.com/

I have used ratchet croppers in the past

Mainly if im working in a dist board, cutting the supply cores to length ( up to around 95mm ) as with this you would struggle to get any kind of saw in the space, but looking at that there may be problems to fit the drill in aswell.

For bigger stuff i hire a hydraulic cutter, which works well as its just a head with a hydraulic hose attached, leading to the footpump.

my issue with these things are mostly they only cut copper, as shown in the video.

a decent hand rachet cutter will do that too without much go,

4" grinder for SWA :D

Ratchet cutters are brilliant for the bigger cables , will fit into tight spaces .

Hacksaw can be PITA .

Also, as a sideline , you could carry out circumcisions for a small fee.!!!! :eek:

I think the best tool to make our lives easier is the SDS drill system and the hammer only option for chasing boxes out .

When you look back and realise that trained sparks spent most of their time manually bashing out a hole for a wall plug by hand with a Rawlplug tool and hammer or chasing out a box with a bolster and hammer .

To clip a pyro ,say, down the wall would take forever as you plugged each fixing hole by hand . Ridiculous !!!

Labour was cheap , materials expensive . Now its the opposite.

This ones a wish after struggling today with elv down lighting + trannys.....(& I'll take a royalty fee if anybody knocks the tool up)

You cut the hole through plasterboard for the down lights & are met with celotex, now if you had a blade that could extend away from the hole to say a 100mm radius & then swivel through 90 degrees & then rotate around the hole, so cutting the celotex into nice little segments that can then be removed down through the hole. Leaving a nice clear area for the transformers & DL free air space.

This ones a wish after struggling today with elv down lighting + trannys.....(& I'll take a royalty fee if anybody knocks the tool up)You cut the hole through plasterboard for the down lights & are met with celotex, now if you had a blade that could extend away from the hole to say a 100mm radius & then swivel through 90 degrees & then rotate around the hole, so cutting the celotex into nice little segments that can then be removed down through the hole. Leaving a nice clear area for the transformers & DL free air space.
dont you have an inflatable holecutter like everybody else,?

just shove it through the hole then blow it up,

bloody brilliant they are.!

Im sure Patch will find you the link.