Intercom wires pulled out where do they go?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh yes i can see now 9-11-7 are linked, that whole row of 9 terminals will be the common connected to the power supply. The orange core, bottom right is linked so either button opens the door. The white/green is the call (buzzer) and the rx & tx are 1 & 2.

Only connect to those 5 terminals ! You can see two of the colours( orange, green/white) its luck with the other three

but the other 3 go in somewhere the row of numbers are?

i am feeling better as we are getting somewhere i just wish i could find a diagram of the one i have on the internet. them 3 wires if i just knew where they went! also when i connect the wires if i find out where they go i wont get an electric shock will i? you know when i tighten the screws. i mean i dont have to cut the power or anything? sorry for ignorant question just want to be sure.

You wont get a shock, its normally 8-12 volts only. As 9-7-11 are linked ( and possibly that whole row) stick the cables in 7, 1 & 2, ( you know the orange and green/white) but i cant tell you which way round. There may be a fuse located in the low voltage side of the power supply this may or you might blow this. The power supply should be inside possibly near the fusebox, the handset or inside the front door. This part does also have 240 volts present !

oh ok. well i will make sure i know where the wires go if possible before i try this as its not mine and i dont want to break anything. there must be a way to find out, maybe i can call the supplier of the thing. im just trying everything possible as money is tight and they need this working. i wont give up! lol

u say put the orange and the green and white one in 7 1n2 but isnt the green and white wire coming from 6? i dont wana question but looks that way, im sorry picture isnt more clearer. :_|

Good Morning, Welcome to th eforum, Kimble. Have you managed to sort it through the manufacturer?

Don't forget Mr Steptoe, will be on with the plan of his one, Tonight - should you need it.

no its not sorted yet unfortunately but i will try something else and then get back to you all. fingers crossed!

thank you all again, your help is much appreciated.

hi sorry i have not got a phone number for them if you call ENTRYPHONE

they will supply drawings for all systems to make them compatible with there hand sets may help good luck

pat

thanx so far for the replies and suggestions. still dunno where these 3 other wires go. could they just go in any of them holes? i suppose not as they are numbered. ive tried a few things ithought might help but to no avail.

steptoe any luck with that one you had and were gonna tell me about?

oh ok. well i will make sure i know where the wires go if possible before i try this as its not mine and i dont want to break anything. there must be a way to find out, maybe i can call the supplier of the thing. im just trying everything possible as money is tight and they need this working. i wont give up! lolu say put the orange and the green and white one in 7 1n2 but isnt the green and white wire coming from 6? i dont wana question but looks that way, im sorry picture isnt more clearer. :_|
NO, NO, NO.

Last time

The orange wire goes to the terminal where the snapped off bit of orange is ( cant see a number) Its the second button up from the bottom right. Both buttons are linked and its this cable that puts the signal down to open the door.

The twisted green/white and green , reconnect to the terminal on the right ( No 6)This is the buzzer

The other 3 terminals you need are 1, 2 and 11.

Terminal 11 looks linked to 9 & 7. 11 is the common, 1 & 2 are for the earpiece and microphone. You will have to try a combination of all those 3 colours on all 3 terminals. This 'should' not do any damage, but the dogs chewing may have shorted the cables and blown a fuse.

My earlier comment about'i could give you 25 combinations' still stands. If you dont know the colour code, you have to break the code. Diagrams from Entryphone, Bell, Fafisa, Intraphone ect, ect are no good if you dont know the colour code.

steptoe that would be great, worth a try! i cannot get access to the other end and the make is a terraneo hope this might help. i hope what i have provided is sufficient and thank you so much for the replies so far i really did not expect the replies so quick!

thanx again.
Try this link Da pag. 01 a 17 and this link 5899P/GB

Both are PDF files.

thanx again, i will try what u said slipshod and i will look through the .pdf files. i have one more question. im reconnecting the pigtail wires together as they were broken which is colour co-ordinated so will be no problems there. my quest is, i have stripped the wire and see the usual bronze copper wire but also a silver sort but doesnt look copper colour or wire. am i just making sure i reconnect the copper to the corresponding coloured wire? wil let you all know how i get on

cheers again :D

oh ok. i see both. so could i just join it both together? and havin a closer inspection i can see clearer what you mean regarding the wires and where they go just not the order. understanding it a bit more which is great im learning something lol

kimble

ok, sorry about the delay,

I had another dead mans shift this weekend plus I tried to join my other comp up to my router and ****ed it all up so Im stoopid yet again.

anyways, here goes,

Ive looked at 3 different sets i got and none look like yours, all letteres and no numbers, maybe someone else mat be able to translate,

I = blue/white

R= orange/white

O= white/orange

T= white/green

Z= green/white

dunno if thats any use to you or not,

as has baan said, its really down to who installed it to what colours they used, not really any accepted code as such.

i would just like to thank everyone for their help with the problem i had. it is being sorted as it turns out family member knows someone who can sort it out.. so hopefully it will be sorted. thank you all so much its all much appreciated.

thanks again and take care everyone. if i have another problem i know where to come!

cheers

kimble

Not a problem Kimble. You dont need to have a problem to use the forum. Just pop in and say "Hi" from time to time.

I would also be interested (When you get it done and it works) if you could come back on and tell me which way it is actually connected?

Many Thanks,

Admin.