Intruder Alarms

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravesee

Reaction score
Hi guys I've got to fit an intruder alarm in a 3 bed property straight forward I know but the family in question have 2 very large dogs I know that most pet friendly systems have a tolerance of approx 25kg but this will not do as I said they are very large dogs!

Does anyone know of a system which has a pir for larger dogs many thanks

I may be corrected but I've never heard of pet friendly sensors that go bigger than 25kg. Maybe program a part set that excludes a room the dogs can be kept in when the alarm needs to be set with them in the house.

They can't make them for larger animals as how would it tell the difference between pet or person? Your best set is either designate a room for pets and omit as required or fit shock sensors to windows instead of pirs. But if they jump up at windows then that is no good either.

The house I am wiring an alarm has dogs I best also check the Pirs are pet ones probably not though. Thanks

Hi guys thanks for the feedback I've been looking around and text com do a pet immune pir which works up to 35kg so I will be using these thanks