iPhone or HTC Desire?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get on with blackberry :D

Looking for somethin with plenty of apps!

Never had any issues with my iPhone 3g, most used app is appointments, next is maps

OK the camera is not that good, but then I have an SLR for taking pictures :)

I've got the HTC Desire... in fact I'm using it to post this.

My previous phone was an E71, sort of similar to a blackberry?)

Tbh I don't have a problem with the touch screen, it does get greasy from time to time but a quick wipe and its fine. There are loads of apps, both free and paid for, in the market.. it all depends what you are after; also loads of reviews and comparisons with iPhone.

I bought it because I don't like the way apple set the pricing and control what you can have on the phone... they will never allow flash for instance... also the desire is cheaper and has the same, if not better spec to the iPhone. iPhones do look good though, but you are going to pay a premium for that

Opinions please
You're not going to like my opinion:

You should worry less about fancy trinkets and concentrate your efforts on better understanding the basics of your profession. Circuit design (lighting and cookers), earthing & bonding, safe zones and getting to grips with the OSG come to mind as revision topics.

get an ANDROID everytime.

I just got my first touchscreen about 2months ago for 1 simple reason,

got an APP that saves me about 2hours working out PV panel averages,

and as much as the touch screen gets on my nerves a helluva lot, I can live with it.

get a screen protector and all is well.

BTW, I have a sony X10.

I still hate touchscreens a lot, a lot a lot,

they are horrible,

I just keep wishing my phone had a normal button thing too.

Horses for courses, I'm not keen on Apple as it is too restricted. If you don;t want to do much with it, other than the limited range of things the manufacturer lets you do, then Apple is fine. These types of threads are largely subjective and therefore worthless to all intents and purposes. Go to the shop, pick one that looks nice, at the end of the day they're all **** in some area(s).

HTC with the 2.2 Froyo update is unbeatable by the iPhone in my opinion. There's nothing worse than needing to go to a website to check a price or something and finding that the website won't support browsers without flash installed.

I also love the fact you don't have to have iTunes installed to connect it to your PC.

Battery life is superior to my old iPhone 3G too, and the display is a really good. Get the black one though!

HTC with the 2.2 Froyo update is unbeatable by the iPhone in my opinion. There's nothing worse than needing to go to a website to check a price or something and finding that the website won't support browsers without flash installed. I also love the fact you don't have to have iTunes installed to connect it to your PC.

Battery life is superior to my old iPhone 3G too, and the display is a really good. Get the black one though!
You don't need iTunes to connect iPhone to computer. Just jailbreak it and there's plenty of different programs which you can use mate. But agree the battery life is a bit poo but car charger helps. Cheers

You don't need iTunes to connect iPhone to computer. Just jailbreak it and there's plenty of different programs which you can use mate. But agree the battery life is a bit poo but car charger helps. Cheers
I'm pretty sure I had to install iTunes before I could even use the phone at all when I first got it.

Doesn't jailbreaking the phone invalidate any warranty/support?

I've just upgraded to the Desire and to be honest, It's great. Really fast at opening apps/loading internet etc due to its 1 Ghz processor. It is virtually like a little pc with flash supported, you can even open pdf files if needs be (ideal for manuals when on site ;) )

As for the touch screen getting dirty, theres plenty of stick on screen protectors on the bay. I just bought 7 for around

ive had a iphone for a few years and they are very good, not had a phone last this long ever, im on a rolling contact now as i havnt signed a new contract as im still happy with my handset thats never happened before.

i have had the htc desire for a few months now. love it. i have done all that geeky cpu speed up stuff to it and it blows a iphone 4 out the water for speed now.

the htc desire HD is out now iirc

didn't i post a video here on how fast internet loads using 3g+ ( NOT WIFI)

! ?

Latest posts