is this 3 phase

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly looks like it, with timed dual rate meter. The stuff on the right is anyone's guess, but only single phase.
Thanks Geoff,

I thought that was the case just looking into inline water heaters and saw that to heat enough water for a bath then 400V seems to be required so I may be in luck with this supply. the stuff on the right is only powering the light bulb and was powering a cement mixer :).

The board on the right looks right a fairly typical “builders board” something the spark would make during a house build as a temporary supply for the guys to use before 2nd fix electrics are done.

The other oddity is the supply cable. It's not clear that it is actually into the head. It could be going past behind it and continuing upwards to who knows where.
Yes, i missed that, what with all the leaves and all. The OP needs to have a sweep up and take more photos. It seems you are right though!!!

john..

Yes, i missed that, what with all the leaves and all. The OP needs to have a sweep up and take more photos. It seems you are right though!!!

john..
Don't worry about it guys. I am not at the property at the moment but can assure you that the meter is not bypassed. I only took a cursory look at the board but do remember the supply came from above then went down and doubled back up. This was the only picture I have and was taken by my wife as we were viewing the empty property. I agree re all the cobwebs and stuff but at least it shows it hasn't been tampered with recently :).

Latest posts