Jb's under floor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just use good quality insulation tape, kept in my pocket so its warm, stetched slightly as I apply it to the cable so that it sticks well. I have never known good tape to fall off, but I realise I should probably use heat shrink or self amalgamating.

even the best insulation tape will fail over time and srart to fall off

at least wrap some insulating self amalgamating or LLFA tape around it

heatshrink is cheap enough. CPC do 1.2mtr lengths of 3:1 adhesive in various sizes and often have offers on

Ahhhh well you have got me there, I would have to use a screwless JB!---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:01 ----------

So i have heard, but I believe tape is fine.
Unfortunately 'believing' is not a defence in a Court of Law!

If some poor soul received a 'bit of a tickle' and got hurt then there would be mentions of 'best practice, Due Diligence, etc etc' and some bewigged member of our legal profession would be ordering his next Sports Car....let's be careful out there

Joints live in enclosures...period.................. :coat

PVC tape adhesive tends to asorb moisture over time and fall off. Ashleys for me, even better no joins under floor at all. Sometimes bring cables up to pattress box or dry lining box and fit blank plate to front