Jewellry.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABC Technical

Reaction score
Do any of you wear wedding rings or any other metal jewellry for that matter, when working? I ask because I have multiple piercings & have had for over 2 decades now & have never once gotten a shock as a result of these.

Now I know it's not best practice, especially when working hot but I am intrested to know if any of you do as well.

Also when testing lighting rings to see if they are hot & when there is no bulbs present, I just stick my finger in the lampholder if I get zapped I know it's live.

I have been doing that since I was 8 yrs old, it's kind of an addiction I guess because when I have finished work I spend 2 hrs on my TENS with it cranked up to maximum, this is a medical one not the kind that you can buy in boots etc.

Just asking & curious.

Cheers Nige.

I don`t do the fingers in lampholder bit mate - I now understand why your fingers are shorter than your thumbs! :D :D

But yes, I have a magnetic doofer on my arm, and a thin gold chain; not to mention the wedding ring; which NEVER comes off.

And by the by - the "proper" tens units are a different animal to those cheap things you can order from the newspaper or cheapo magazines that come through the door.

Laffin my a$$ off, fingers shorter than my thumbs.

Martyn you made my day on this wet horrible saturday afternoon. Cheers bud. :)

I've know sparks to use insulation tape on their ring finger when having to work live on any circuit.

When fault finding with live circuitry on 3-phase circuits at 100 plus amps then I'll take all metal items off (even my belt!). I've seen pictures of watch and ring imprints burned into bodies from flash-overs.

You can never be too safe!