Job pricing help req'd

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have a large job to price, one of the largest jobs ive had to price and need some help

job is basically installing around 100 lowbays accross 4 warehouses (about 65 at 6mtr, 35 at 3.5mtr), with new DB and controls. for materials, i can easily work out what i need to get the prices for that, its just the labour that im not too sure of.

so if anyone has any experience of pricing jobs like this, let me know

they have a scissor lift that will be used, lower lights will be done with ladders & lift

wiring will probably be SWA clipped along the steel girders to a socket at light position, most lights will be suspended directly from girders, but some will require a length of unistrut between 2 girders. to DB, SWA will be clipped directly to the wall, doubt tray will be used

Can you use knock on clips on girders.
i hope so

was going to use something like this

GCCR27X.JPG

or this

GCBC500.JPG

Thats it but if using swa its going to take a far bit of time terminating at least 200 times or more unless you can connect more than one light into one position.

Batty

Hi there,

A lot will depend on the layout/design of the warehouses.

Without knowing, it will be quite difficult. But you could SWA upto the control gear or first light, then switch to singles in steel conduit changing to somethng like kopex, or you could run hituf or sy to the lights.

Agree terminating SWA at each light seems an over kill (and will cause problems). You can get proper light distribution units, or use plugin roses on conduit boxes.

Lots of different ways of doing it. But agree girder clips will be the way to go if there is no tray in place.

D.

in the warehouses i have worked in the low bays have plugged in to lighting power track or something along those lines, would save alot of time, but not sure about the cost of it.

Access to the lights is fairly easy - scissor lift will be able to get access directly to all lights. there is very little chance of the wiring at roof height being hit by forklift etc, so i think a SWA run to first light then plastic conduit with singles would be easier?

may use round through boxes and klik to lights

is there such a thing as an average time per light at 6mtr?

id imagine about 1 1/2 hour per light once wiring is installed to high level - install conduit run, terminate, hang light, move on, repeat?

Low level lights arent so straight forward - cant touch ceiling (asbestos) apart from exposed (clean) beams at approx 4.5mtr spans so will need to bridge gap with unistrut or something and fix lights from them

Power track/busbar overall is not too expensive.

Material wise its not the cheapest, but the installation is quicker, hence the total costs is not that bad.

It gives good flexibility to moving the lights, adding/removing lights, etc.

Would seriously consider it (design permitting)

D.

High bay go for SWA up from switches then 20mm PVC conduit fixed with girger clips, through box and Klick rose at each light. Allow 45 mins to unpack Lobay fitt, open it up , connect flex, fit Klick plug,fit male hooks, fit lamp,glass, back up top fit chains and plug in.

Lower section ,how about lighting trunking 2X2 suspended on threaded rod from the purlins.

You don't want to be pulling T&E into conduit !!

Deke

High bay go for SWA up from switches then 20mm PVC conduit fixed with girger clips, through box and Klick rose at each light. Allow 45 mins to unpack Lobay fitt, open it up , connect flex, fit Klick plug,fit male hooks, fit lamp,glass, back up top fit chains and plug in.Lower section ,how about lighting trunking 2X2 suspended on threaded rod from the purlins.

You don't want to be pulling T&E into conduit !!

Deke
Sounds good