Just saying hello.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm lost. Where is this other place ??? Should we all go visit there ???
I'd wait for a nicer climate before visiting.
Quite a few people who have frequented the 'other place' for between 5 and 15 years with post counts and reactions in the high thousands are suddenly over here due to highly inclement weather and no sign of the owner of the umbrella store accepting the forecast.

Quite a few people who have frequented the 'other place' for between 5 and 15 years with post counts and reactions in the high thousands are suddenly over here due to highly inclement weather and no sign of the owner of the umbrella store accepting the forecast.
It's like being on holiday here, very tranquil.

That about sums it up
At the moment it looks like the if it ain't broke is fix it so it is

So heavy advertising is driving people away?
Being honest that isn't really it. Most of us were paid up anyway to not see adverts.

The upset should have been a a storm in a tea cup - but it was very badly handled by the owner, and then further fuelled by very badly handling the large numbers who were upset about it. (That is actually an understatement, it was unbelievable what some of us received via PM)

Being honest that isn't really it. Most of us were paid up anyway to not see adverts.
If you landed there as a new user I think you would very quickly lose interest it is bad enough with an adblock switch that off and it is really spot the chat
The upset should have been a a storm in a tea cup - but it was very badly handled by the owner, and then further fuelled by very badly handling the large numbers who were upset about it. (That is actually an understatement, it was unbelievable what some of us received via PM)
The problem was it was more of a very large storm in a mug from the reaction that ensued with very established members being deleted because they questioned the change it will be interesting going forward as with any business if you abuse your customers, throw them out or they no longer like the product then the members will vote with there feet oops keyboards

The interesting one is the other forums that have been opened up which currently only seem to be populated by posts from all the other forums in the stable

Over the last 10 - 15 years many forums across many subjects have come and gone and in general they are made or fall by the involvement of the members and also the mods of which some let the power go to their head and can very quickly drive members away and kill the forum that other forum is now hitting that point IMO