Just something to share

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L Plate

Reaction score
Good evening all,

This is just to share a bit of my whereabouts as a student , as you all know that last summer I was looking for a company for work experience or apprenticeship but no luck at all , it seems that every company has the same answer e.i. Its quite this time, no much work etc.. I am on my 3rd year now for my 2330 with a limited knowledge as far as installation is concern.. early this month i recieved a call from one of the company that I've applied to telling me that there is no vacancy at all because business is so quite and so on. So, I was very thankful at least they called. During our conversation , I told him straight away "forget about money all I need is a work experience and knowledge in real world of electric, I am really interested to work along with your electrician and I can do 2 days a week 6 hours a day" .. guess what ?? I started the following week. Now I am working with this company and every little things they showed to me is a big help , last couple of days we were doing a re-wiring and it was a big diff from what I have in college workshop , I am totally enjoying it and taking notes everything, money wise I am struggling but I think this is the way how life goes, you need to pay to learn rather than you will be paid to get experience. I remember once one of you said not to down grade yourself , but I dont have choice..

I posted this just for a bit of a share ...

Good evening all

Good on you for getting off your arse and getting some experience. This has to be a win - win situation. You get the experience and if things pick up and they are taking a man on then you're likely at the front of the que.

I know not everyone can afford to give their time away, but a few hours a couple of times a week should let you earn a bit somewhere else?

Good on you :D

Good on you for getting off your arse and getting some experience. This has to be a win - win situation. You get the experience and if things pick up and they are taking a man on then you're likely at the front of the que.I know not everyone can afford to give their time away, but a few hours a couple of times a week should let you earn a bit somewhere else?

Good on you :D
Thanks Apache .. I always believe in saying that " there is always a bright light at the end of the tunnel " ;)

Did you see the article about recruiting of police. You now have to volunteer for 2 yrs as a community officer before they take you on as a real police officer. Wot a bummer for anyone with aspirations of being a copper.

Well done mate, I was looking for an apprenticeship for 2 years and sent hundreds of letters out and phone calls.

Even took a total of 5 days holiday from my part time work for interviews which was a waste of time because they then said that they were not recruiting!

But...through a friend of a friend i just sent him an email saying i want part time voluntary work and he said i could have a few days here and there....

Then he wanted me full time and as of 1 month ago, employed me as an apprentice! After all this time I was so glad to get something and i hope this happens to you :)

Latest posts