LED Downlights, not much depth in ceiling

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky999

Reaction score
Evening guys,

Doing a refurb in an old cottage and customer wants downlight in the ceiling void and there is only 4 inchs of depth.

I said i have seen some Click LED lights on the back page of the professional electrician mag, I mentioned these as they seem to have a shallow pot on them.Anyone used these before?

Or can you give me some ideas of other brands around?

Or should i say they cant have downlights in the void?

Thanks alot :D

have used these before (but a lot cheaper at my local wholesaler). they are small enough to be placed in skirting board on stairs. also used them on baths etc. only thing i havent used them on is decking....

i have fitted click flame guard not the led ones, gu10 and if i remember they are 65mm and need 25mm above, they also do a shorter and wider fitting.

I have used click on a job once they did not need much depth but I don't think they were fire rated. I think they were scolmore if I remember correctly. You could use snaplite low voltage as they don't need a 100mm and would give a better light than led.

Latest posts