Light bar not dimming

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadget88

Reaction score
I had an electrician fit a light for me. Now it's not dimming but it was previously. Any ideas what's up? He says dimmable bulbs but I've never heard of that.

If its an LED lamp not all LED's are dimmable. Plus not all dimmer switches can dim low energy lamps. But I would have thought the electrician would have noticed that, and mentioned it to you, when he was installing it.

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you put a link to the Argos part No, you would need to see the manufactures specification not the reviews as to what it should do. Also as I said, even if the lamp can dim you may have the wrong type of dimmer switch.

Doc H.

Can you put a link to the Argos part No, you would need to see the manufactures specification not the reviews as to what it should do. Also as I said, even if the lamp can dim you may have the wrong type of dimmer switch.

Doc H.

OP says it was dimming before though so something has obviously stopped working/become faulty..

Maybe cheap halogen GU10's used, one blows and in the process has also blown the dimmer switch?

Doc H.