lighting for garden

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jas_singh

Reaction score
any one god good website or can you answer a few questions???

What cable to use for outdoor lighting in walls - would it be 1.5mm SWA??

How do i wire the exterior lights????

Swa would be best but think people do use flex (sy?) maybe. Someone more knowledgable will be along soon so I await to be corrected. Cheers

Have you selected a particular make of light you want to install? Some are 12volt transformer supplied lights, this may alter your cable choice?

Doc H.

Thanks for repsonse's guys

can i use twin and earth 1.5mm and use conduit.

The lights i will be using are brick shaped ones to replace a brick in a wall.

i will be using 6 lights

How would i wire the lights up

can i use 1.5 t&e or doesnt it have to be 1.5mm SWA?

Hituf in conduit would be better IMHO than T&E in conduit.

Do i run this striaght off the main fuseboard in a 6a breaker?

I need a 1 way switch as well

Anyone know how i can wire 6 lights up

I assume you will just wire them in parallel supplied from the single switch. This work also sounds like it is probably notifiable to your local council, requiring a building reg's part P compliance certificate. Outdoor wiring yes?

Doc H.

Twin and skin in conduit is a recognised method no?
My take on it is no but this was argued on another thread recently certainly for burying anyway.

Do i run this striaght off the main fuseboard in a 6a breaker?I need a 1 way switch as well

Anyone know how i can wire 6 lights up
im not trying to sound funny mate but it sounds like you really aint sure on how to get these light safely connected, my advice would be to call a local sparky whos part p registered where by that spark can undertake the work, and connect any lighting up you want to safe supply,

im not trying to sound funny mate but it sounds like you really aint sure on how to get these light safely connected, my advice would be to call a local sparky whos part p registered where by that spark can undertake the work, and connect any lighting up you want to safe supply,
:Salute

It has to be said.....

Lights is quite easy to do.... ;)

and Badgers advice though sounding harsh is possible quite true!

Supply to switch to light back to supply!

With of course appropriate rated protective device!

any additional lights paralleled off the previous light?

What bit don't you understand????????????? ?:| :eek: :yawn

No as its a radial and if you did take it back to the board rather than the switch then you would have them perm on too.