Lights soon to be banned

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's already happening in Scotland. It's pretty hard to buy a traditional 100W lamp now. They have become desirable as a result and command higher prices. Time to stock up now so you can sell them on later as "luxury" items.

Apparently they are not needed any more because CFLs are so wonderful... Apart from their poor colour rendering, hideous inefficiency, early failure and poor lumen maintenance due to phosphor degradation.

so R7S halogens are to be banned... so for security lighting, are the intruders legally required to give notice of entry so that discharge lighting can be switched on and warmed up ready for their arrival?

and will anyl T5 and T8's will be allowed?

The biggest joke of this lighting is the fact that halogen gu10's are not being banned, you could have ten of them in a room and the light output is crap but you are still alowed to install them.

Batty

It's already happening in Scotland. It's pretty hard to buy a traditional 100W lamp now. They have become desirable as a result and command higher prices. Time to stock up now so you can sell them on later as "luxury" items.Apparently they are not needed any more because CFLs are so wonderful... Apart from their poor colour rendering, hideous inefficiency, early failure and poor lumen maintenance due to phosphor degradation.
I recently tried to purchase a 100W incandescent bulb for a bulkhead fitting. Needless to say, none could be found and none of the CFLs fitted (excuse the pun) within the fitting. Fortunately I had one lying about somewhere.

So are we expecting landfill sites to be awash with useless dimmer switches?

Quite frankly I find it a little irritating that the EU is telling me what kind of light bulbs I can use. As a tight Yorkshireman saving money is inbred but as I personally pay my electricity bill and not the EU I should be able to use whatever bulbs I want in the same way that if I want my sockets on the skirting board i'll blo*ody well HAVE them on the skirting board.

Two fingers, v-shaped!!

Rant over. Feeling a bit rough due to bout of food poisoning. Think i'll go vegetarian.

I was digging deep in my store today and found some panel wiring cable in the old phase colours. I wonder how much got skipped just because it had been outdated in a single rash move to "comply" with Europe. "Lets swap phase and neutral colours."

I was digging deep in my store today and found some panel wiring cable in the old phase colours. I wonder how much got skipped just because it had been outdated in a single rash move to "comply" with Europe. "Lets swap phase and neutral colours."
Change for changes sake. I have a dream that one day this country will start looking after it's own interests instead of pacifying a bunch of fat pocketed secretary sh**gers in a foreign land. But there's more chance of Gordon Brown winning Britain's Got Talent.

i wonder if many companies were told 'must scrap all old stuff, new blue is different from old blue' etc