Solis 3kW AC coupled Inverter & Fogstar 5.12kWh Rack Battery ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I'm.going to stop you there.

I suggest you read our other posts.

Maybe the kit is correct for you.
Please do a little more reading to ensure expectations on where you purchase are met.

Many products are now compliant.
The sunsynk 8k is a good choice.

Octopus as posted elsewhere have also deregulated MCS so this will also.help you.

I can't say more at this time.

Last edited:
Well confidence abounds then ;)

I found using Smart connect to UK power networks fairly straightforward. I did lots of detailed drawings of my mains connections, existing and new equipment etc but I seem to remember having a snag that was my new inverter didnt seem to be on the approved list, it in fact was but the search didnt find it. Once that was sorted it took just a couple of weeks and another 10 days for the export MPAN to get approved.
Agreed however Octopus will do it for you now.
And yes doing it oneself it's not as complex as made out elsewhere by some.

Get some cash back if you switch.

Use this link to sign up to Octopus - https://share.octopus.energy/dusk-brook-895

Last edited:
Hmm, always interesting to see others views.
I would not go for seplos and select a pace based bms probably from orient power eu and pay the premium.for the Jakkipper battery but that's not a kit.

It's good to have different knowledgeable varied opinions.

Andy on YouTube the off grid garage has some more recent videos on Seplos BMs everyone may wish to review.
Andy's off grid garage is always a good watch, some of his opinions and conclusions do leave one wondering at times :)

If a diy battery build I would still personally select the pace bms based in Andys knowledge and possibly also add an active balancer although the pace BMS are doing OK at present.
I will add with the exception of the BMS choice the kits do look nice products.
The SEPLOS Mason kits are superb and when populated with EVE cells it has to be one of the very best batteries on the market. I built my own battery and would have used one of the Seplos kits had it not been for my location for installation. I did use a Seplos BMS and the company was brilliant with a direct comms to one of their engineers who answered all of my questions and offered free help should I need it. Seplos assured me their BMS would talk to my Victron Inverter and it does.
I may as @Oldman22 said if I had a timemachine have origonally bought the seplos kit.
Now i would be looking to build soemthing diy like seplos with pace bms or if money coudl stretch sell on the seplos from the kit and get a pace bms.
Seplos BMS has been absolutely fine in my system.

IMG_9107.JPG
I will also add Andy has a recent video on seplos where he tries some fixes sugested by viewers for the Seplos BMS, i.think the summery was he thi ks it shoudlnt be required but the solutions worked.
I havent seen Andy reporting an issues with Seplos, must have a watch.

Also as a counter to my Pace bms preference maufacturers are generaly improving each new release of new bms and tou should check the version as they cannot yet be updated and flashed, it will be nice when they all can.

I agree Frogstar is not on my list for rack batteries and there are other posts on the subject.
Fogstar was a great company to deal with, excellent prices and good support, I know others have made comments to the contrary.
I did add an active 4 amp balancer to my system, the Seplos balancing function isnt very powerful.

I havent seen Andy reporting an issues with Seplos, must have a watch
Andy's main issues was around the way the BMS reset the SOC to 100%, and also how the system would restrict generation once the battery was full, so the batteries would supply power rather the solar ramping up to meet denand when there was plenty of solar available, then the batteries would charge again, and cycle.

The settings he uses in the latest video gets around those issues, take a look at his latest video about it.

I'm using JK BMS's on my two batteries, which was Andy's recommendation prior to him testing the Seplos and Pace BMS's.

OK I'm.going to stop you there.

I suggest you read our other posts.

Maybe the kit is correct for you.
Please do a little more reading to ensure expectations on where you purchase are met.

Many products are now compliant.
The sunsynk 8k is a good choice.

Octopus as posted elsewhere have also deregulated MCS so this will also.help you.

I can't say more at this time.
I'll do a search on SEPLOS and see what comes up on here...

"DIY Battery is alive" and "another DIY battery is alive" seem to be the main threads...

I see Fogstar have quietly reduced the price of the 5.12kWh rack battery by £99.99
Now £1250.00

Batteries have been dropping in price quite a bit lately, even the grade A 280Ah cells are only £130 each now from Fogstar, that's £50 cheaper than a year go. Grade B are just £100 retail.

Batteries have been dropping in price quite a bit lately, even the grade A 280Ah cells are only £130 each now from Fogstar, that's £50 cheaper than a year go. Grade B are just £100 retail.
Maybe the energy crisis gold rush is over!