Lockout device

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldtimespark

Reaction score
What type of lockoff devices do you use. As there a so many makes of MCBA RCD I did a search to find a one fits all unit and came up with this has anyone got one and if so does it work.

ive got one and love it, use it all the time alot more than i thought i would when i didnt have one.

One thing with it is, its plastic in all the photos im sure they try to make it look metal. its simple to use screw it down, snap the paddlock and the screw is locked on the rocker which cannot be pushed up anymore.

tooo much money that one!

there's a thread somewhere way back with some pictures of some that I and some others use...

will go a hunting...

but I bet Patch finds it first! :_|

I was shocked to see that the people who make this lockout sell it at a higher price than a wholesale warehouse headbang

Some time ago, I read in the PE that Manufactures would be happy to supply their "Lock off" devices on request.

I put this to the test and e-mailed a few of them.

Only to receive...

...Not one reply, let alone a "Lock off". :_|

PS. Specs, I will have a look at that as soon as I get a little time.

Whats good about the Kewlock is that it is a one piece device. No extra bits like an allen key to do it up (That ***10), no locks or keys. And you won't forget the combo because you'll use your PIN or the last 4 digits of your phone number.

Me thinks I'll be getting one.

Whats good about the Kewlock is that it is a one piece device. No extra bits like an allen key to do it up (That ***10), no locks or keys. And you won't forget the combo because you'll use your PIN or the last 4 digits of your phone number.Me thinks I'll be getting one.
Those are the good points for that type of lock.. :xApplaud Smiley

However..

the down side I can see is I have on occassions wanted to lock off more than one circuit!

working on an extension...

shifting some cables so wall can be removed...

Sockets + Lights + Cooker passing through..

3 locks at

Ive got a few of the springy wire type for MCBs, freebies, just add a cheapo padlock.

Im sure some of them came with a hager 3p board at one time, pester your wholesaler next time you spend a few bob.

Those are the good points for that type of lock.. :xApplaud SmileyHowever..

the down side I can see is I have on occassions wanted to lock off more than one circuit!

working on an extension...

shifting some cables so wall can be removed...

Sockets + Lights + Cooker passing through..

3 locks at

I use a universal type lockoff device. Works on multiple breakers and is carried with me at all times. Quite a reasonable price as well.

unilockoff.jpg

you lot must have more money than sense, cheaper alternative is just remove the live cable from the mcb and job is as they say a goodun Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smileycoffee
Not if you don't want to take the lid off the CU!!!!

Not if you don't want to take the lid off the CU!!!!
Which if you're going by the book (assumed you are if you are using proper lock off devices) you shouldn;t really remove the cover to live devices anyway until they are isolated.

Which if you're going by the book (assumed you are if you are using proper lock off devices) you shouldn;t really remove the cover to live devices anyway until they are isolated.
Unless its a modern CU with integral secondary barriers over the live parts! ;)