Looking for experience.... electricians mate.... Pls help?!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeroy100

Reaction score
Hi there, I am looking to gain some experience in this field as I am new to the industry. I have recently completed the EAL Level 2 Domestic Electrical Installers course and Part P - all at my own expense. I have a couple specific bits to complete in May and June, which are; PAT Testing and Solar PV. I am also looking at getting my CSCS Card. I am now in a position where I am ready to gain some hands-on experience as an Electrician's Mate in the West Midlands area. I already have some interest from people I know and contacts that I have made, who want me to do for them, but I need to complete two major installation before I can complete my membership conditions with the NICEIC - this is where working with someone will benefit me. I am hardworking, reliable and very keen to get some real experience!! So, if anyone can help me in getting my new career off to a start it would be very much appreciated. I am a coach driver at the moment, but I am looking to leave this job when work starts coming in from being an electrician. I will be taking a cut in salary, but I am keen to get experience, so this does not matter too much. As I say, I have a couple of jobs lined up already, I just need someone who I can work with to get these done. I will very much appreciate any help or info. Please reply. Thanks for reading.

A lot of sparks are struggling to keep their own heads above water let alone take someone else on there just not enough work to go round ATM. Sorry to be negative mate but is there any decent driving jobs going cos if there is let us know cheers

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was made at 08:36 ----------

1 question : did your training provider sell you the course on the massive electrical skills shortage we have here at the moment cos its absolute rubbish. The market is flooded with new sparks which has driven the prices down. If you do succeed and go self employed. Charge the proper price for the job not go in cheap toget the work as this has killed our industry too. Good luck tho mate

Latest posts