Looking for MS-DOS disks or images

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off to the garage now..........just asked the wife where "that box of old 3.5" discs is"..............."I've seen it!" she said. "Where" seems to be the issue!

Nowt in the garage, must be in the loft! I can, in the loft just see an old pc which MIGHT have a 5 1/4" drive in - will look tomorrow night. Got an awful feeling I ditched it for a 3.5" drive way back.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:41 ----------

Dumb question.............but in the "old days", if you upgraded to say Win 95 didn't you do it "over the top" of the MS-DOS install? Would the restore.exe file be on an old hard disc (think I have one) or would it ONLY be on the floppies?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:46 ----------

Don't know if I'd risk this but:

http://manmrk.net/tutorials/DOS/msdos.htm

I believe, if they didn`t get slung, that there`s a full set of dos 4.summat (thinking 4.02 or 4.22), in a box about 3 feet above me head.

Not climbing loft ladder now; but if you want, I can get you `em tomoz???? They`re on 3.5 disc

did you get sorted?

If not I have dos 3.3 on a 5 1/4" floppy.

I'll have to blow the dust of the old PC and see if it will still boot up if you want it copied to anything like a modern format.

Thanks PD, I have 3.3 on 3.5" now by email.

Just short of 4, but hopefully KME will be able to sort this for me!

I have 5.0 & 6.22, so then I should have all I need to fix the machine!

I HOPE!!!