Looking to learn from electrician in Lincoln area.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cr0ft

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've currently done one of those dreaded short courses (the 5 week kind full-time so not too short) and come away with lots of bits of paper but no real world experience of course.

I currently run my own plumbing business so I'm no stranger to house-bashing. I have my 17th Edition Wiring Regulations, Domestic Electrical Installer and 2391 Inspection and Testing qualification. I'm keen to find a more experienced electrician (shouldn't be hard) to work with on jobs I get in around the Lincoln area. In return I would be happy to offer cheap plumbing in return or simply split the labour 50/50.

The opportunity has come up to re-wire a small house and I am looking to find someone to do this with. I've calculated all the voltage drops and cable sizes to suit the requirements of 17th Edition regs and there will be a 17th Edition consumer unit being installed (as you would expect).

I'm ex-military and bring both a good work ethic and a knowledge of the building regulations plus 3 years of experience working in the domestic sector (albeit in a different trade).

If anyone is interested (and I would understand if people aren't) then please PM me.

Thanks!

Sounds like you're probably capable of doing it yourself. Ring your local building control, tell them you plan to rewire a house and that you're not a member of Self Certification scheme, and ask them what they want from you (around here they would want

and there will be a 17th Edition consumer unit being installed (as you would expect).Thanks!
Hello Croft, I cannot help with your work partner request. But I would just point out 17th edition CU is a bit of irrelevant sales jargon, just as 17th edition test meters are. All meters that were compliant for 16th edition are just as compliant with 17th edition. Some circuits under 16th edition required multiple RCD's and discrimination just as some circuits under 17th edition require RCD's and discrimination. Some people think any CU with two or more RCD's or RCBO's is a "17th edition CU", which is not actually strictly correct. Are you a member of an approved contractor scheme, for self certification of Part-P works. Or is this why you want to work along side someone who could notify your jobs whilst you are gaining more experience?

Doc H.

Good look Croft, Iv recently done my Gas Quals and would of happily swapped some experience if you was closer....

Ste

Latest posts