macerator toilet power supply

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackfrosty

Reaction score
Hi, i got a phone call from a plumber to fit a power supply for a macerator toilet, is it just a general 13a plug socket or a fused spur?

Any help and advise greatly recieved, thanks

Dan

Unswitched FCU,

Last thing you need is it to be a plug with some numpty unplugging it and forgetting to plug it back in then for the toilet to overflow with lots of jobbys allover the floor.

whats the difference between using a switched fcu and a fcu with a double pole isolator?

rcd spur not required if the complete circuit is rcd protected though either by rcd and mcb configuration or rcbo in c/u
Agreed and you have the defence of discrimination if someone asks why you were not following the manufacturers instructions.

i understand that but say if RCD protection is at CU is it ok to use a switched fcu

Yes, but Saniflo recommend an UN-SWITCHED fused connection unit.

(Fuse becomes isolator and prevents accidental switching off)

OK perhaps "oxy-moron" is not quite the correct term, but they are a contadiction.

An RCD FCU by definition MUST be switchable.

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 23:01 ----------

That's why it was in quotes!

Nayy lad,

An RCD FCU must be able to be switched off, which an unswitched FCU cannot by definition.

Hence there seems to be a contadtiction somewhere!

Nayy lad,An RCD FCU must be able to be switched off, which an unswitched FCU cannot by definition.

Hence there seems to be a contadtiction somewhere!
ahhhh I get you now, I was wondering the same as Apache when you posted.

I see what you mean, but I'd say your not switching off an rcd spur. You can test and reset it! ;)