Makita SDS cordless

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not had one.

I have had a dewalt for about 4 years, and its been fully abused, and is now broken.

My 230v dewalt hammer drill packed up this week on a job, so off I went to the nearest B&Q and bought a Ryobi, used it for two days and it went bang.

I took it back and decided to pay a bit extra for the Bosh 2900 I think it is, and its a far better drill.

I have worked with loads of guys who have Makita tools and swear by them, so I doubt you will be dissapointed.

Only thing with Makita they only have one year guarantee where as Bosch professional stuff has 3 year guarantee so personally I would go for Bosch stuff. I currently have a Hilti 36v Cordless which is good they are about

I use makita and never had a problem, I have the older model to the one you linked to and its been great. Would buy again

have used makita 18v li-ion cordless sds for years now. awesome kit. powerful, light, and the hammer only is so useful for cleaning out the chases that the builders seem to do so half heartedly. failing that, get the bosch 36v, but get the VFLi. not the Vli 'cos the two chucks mean you can put in your hole saw and cut through panel boards for swa all day. your choice. i have both and use them interchangeably with their combi drills that take the same batteries.

Any chance any of you guys can put a review up?

We would all be able to compare if we had some on the job pro's and cons, for instance.

I had to buy a drill just by chance and need, if I had seen some of the comments posted here I would have been better informed as to what I should have bought.

Come on guys get posting some reviews of the tools you use.

Think i might go for the makita have the 18v li-ion and its a brilliant job can use it all day on the one battery twice the drill that any of the other lads have that i work with

Like GH said lets have some reviews guys, if you use it and its good let everyone know, if you use it and its bad tell us!