Manchester bomb

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best I heard was the discovery of a tribe on a remote island near Borneo,  their God , they said , was in the sky & flew over every day ....not the Sun , not the Moon .... turned out to be an aircraft making a regular trip between somewhere and Australia . 

It can even go a bit further than that, in the same way that our ancestors built churches and other religious buildings, some of these pacific islanders have built  runways in the hope that the plane gods will land and provide them packages containing food and wealth (The americians I think had small bases established on them in the second world war, and the natives noticed that the planes landed when the runways were complete!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

So what happened a few thousand years ago and ended up being woven into our reglions?

People will believe anything you tell them if  you say it long enough and obviously the young are open to this .

Hence the saying "  Give the child to the Jesuits and they'll have him for life" .

Hence the fear of children mixing with , say,  the English /British children so  along with mixed schools we have  Jewish schools , Roman Catholic schools, Muslim Schools  ( We have them here) 

Its brainwashing the young mind , introducing prejudice .  Its always in different ways ...I grew up  in the Birmingham back streets , my parents were honest , hard working , the best........  we invited two brothers to join us playing football in the street , I won't name them but remember to this day ....they said  "   "Our father says we are not allowed to mix with you because you do not speak correctly "       They grew up with their noses in the air , mixed with no one .    Yet like Coronation Street , I grew up knowing all the folk in  our street , and most of the surrounding streets ,   specially all the kids of similar  age.    The grown ups who had fought during the war , lost family members , been bombed out of their houses and now struggled to raise a family ...we were all in the same boat.... yes we did /do speak with a crappy accent     but at least we wern't bleedin' snobs .   So up yours ...Robert & Alan  and your dad , wherever you may be  .

Edit;   Sorry that went off into a rant , dunno why.   (OT)    I've activated the Off Topic Alert.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts