Marking am2

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p1889

Reaction score
hi i was wondering if any one has any insight on how they mark the job. I recently done the exam and passed everything but the job and i cant really think how this has happened to be fair, am confused to what i had done wrong cheers

i think they give you marks for stuff thats been done, and remove marks for mistakes, like pyro not terminated correctly etc, then add them all together and its either pass or fail

nightmare hopefully i will get some feedback because i made sure to double over connections and all that sort of thing, i find it quite weird i thought if anything i would have failed maybe the faults but i suppose next time i wont be dragged away from the job so hopefully i will pass

The composite exercise (installation part) of AM2 is a bit like the driving test, there are marks deducted for minor faults but there are also certain "critical points" which are instant failure (sorry, referal, nobody "fails" anymore...). Anything to do with earthing & bonding, tightness of conductors in terminals, couplers on conduit etc. is a "critical point", get these wrong and that's it. Safe isolation & other health & safety parts will also be critical.

From the feedback I get from my students (& we've never had anyone referred yet) you can have all conductors on the MI short out & still pass, as long as the conductors are correctly identified at both ends.

The overall qualification is split into sections,

A1 Composite installation

A2 Visual inspection

A3 Functional operation

B Inspection and testing of the composite installation

c1 Safe isolation of test unit (including risk assessment)

C2 Safe isolation of supplies

D1 Fault diagnosis

D2 Fault rectification

My understanding is if you are referred on any section you only have to retake that section, not the whole thing.

Hope this helps.

That's correct (re: only having to resit part failed). However, if the Composite Installation is resat then Safe Isolation of Test Rig must also be resat (regardless of Pass or Fail on first attempt).

As for how it's marked, I'm afraid I can't be of much help.

just got the revised sheet back and i knew most of the stuff that would be on it,ive been marked down on my visual inspection for the amount of n/a's used just wondering how much that would affect the grade just for the future? It says c.p.c earth tag in board to main earth terminals fitted securely is that indicating that i used it on the wrong side or it simply wasnt fitted correctly? This revised sheet doesnt really tell u exact details were you have failed

Just started my AM2 and feel I have done the installation correctly so far.... (with a few worrying momments)

Only thing was I have a bad feeling I failed my safe isolation f my test rig. I'm sure I did everything correctly but alas I did see the examineer putting down some crosses and fear the worst. If I have failed this section can I just retake the safe isolation section again or do I have to do the whole lot. I know usually its just the section you messed up on but I am aware safe isolation is a big thing.

Thanks in advance

Jack

Hello lvukol,

I can't help you with your query, But I know someone will be able to. But I can Welcome you to the forum though.

Welcome.

:D

Little update and another question:

I have now finished my AM2 and have got a little nudge wink from the test centre saying I did "ok" in all section however they werent sure about my installation. I scored 58 marks out of the 75. I know why and simply ran out of time and made some stupid mistake that were down to nerves mainly I think. I just wasnt sure if anyone could inform me of the required mark to pass the installation section, would be great to know and take a big weight off my mind knowing one way or the other.

Many thanks

Jack

Ive just done my resit recently it went a lot better than the first attempt although i did knack my pipe up :( , everything worked as far as i am aware although the tutor didnt test my pyro while i was there but it was clear when i installed it. Hopefully i have passed this time i need the increased pay haha :)

hi

no-one knows what the marking criteria is for sure. AFAIK there are only 3 people in the country who know the full marking criteria.......

Hi i've just finished my AM2, it went ok but i think i may of failed the fault rectification, i definitely missed on fault and messed up another one. there were only 5. Can anyone tell me if i can still pass?

Latest posts