maths one

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skystorm

Reaction score
Hi all back on night shift

A conductor has across-sectional area of 20mm2, a lenght of 48m and is made of material with resistivity of 0.02 u ohms m .Its resistance is

depends wether the cable is round CSA or flat as the electricity struggles to get through flat cables and you dont mention if the cable is going round corners and how many and what raidus bends? These are all obstacles for the electrons....

Hi all back on night shiftA conductor has across-sectional area of 20mm2, a lenght of 48m and is made of material with resistivity of 0.02 u ohms m .Its resistance is
Try here http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/student-learning-zone-c-g-2330-levels-2-3-c-g-2381-c-g-2391-other-co/16912-another-resistance-one.html For a hint what you wrote last time.

Hi alla conductor has across-sectional area of 20mm2 a length of 48m and is made of material with a resistivity of 0.02uohmsm, its resistance is

i get 48

can anyone remember me how to work it out thanks

no thats abit to hard how about this one A transformer is rated at 10kva . the greatest current it can supply at 0.8 pf is ( is that what you wont )

Cluttering the forum with duplicate posts & threads only makes it messy and cumbersome for our members. The forum has a search facility or you can view your previous threads & posts in your personal profile. Please use these facilities in future to save repeat posts. Also please have a go at answering your own question first rather than just expecting others to work out your homework. It is a little more polite to type I think that A+B=C, is this correct please? Rather than just typing what is A+B? {you did this on your one posts, but do have a habit of not trying first.}

Doc H.

No I said a proper question ; -)
You mean "If it takes 10 men 10 days to dig a hole 10' x 10' x 10', How long does it take to dig half a hole"

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a client once who insisted on all keyboard wires be changed from curly to straight ; The curly ones were making the PCs work too slowly!!!
This is a well known myth, the REAL problem is the relative position of the keyboard with the computer, If the keyboard is higher than the computer then gravity assists the signals, on the other hand if the keyboard is lower than the computer the signals have to fight gravity and will be much slower.

However, the converse applies to the monitor, so the ideal setup is the monitor on the floor, the computer on the desk and the keyboard on a shelf above the desk, this will ensure maximum speed.

Well you've had enough from mine!... ;) ; ) ;)

BTW you were home early today!

OOOPS!

Yesterday, time for bed me thinks teaching to be done today!

Having spend a few hours fixing Mrs SW car, I had lost all track of time.

looks like i mucked up, read this post after just completing your new question, should i leave it there or delete it

I think John you need to stand in the corner until boatboy deals with you !!!!!!