Member Locations

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't have to - It is optional.
Ohh I know that Admin. We've already discussed this elsewhere, when I said about the Karate forum where you get banned if you don't put your real name in your signature.

This is a very good forum and people appreciate it when you try to help, unlike other forums that shall remain nameless :|

Well I say where I am, so I'm not worried!

I do agree that people looking for work/experience should put location. I do see the sense in location if you are selling via the auctions.

Otherwise I don't really care, but it is interesting!

Dangerous territory this, the OP is suggesting the moderators force us to display our locations? I see no reason why I should display my location and so choose not to. If what I have put in there offends anyone, then I'll remove it and replace it with "None of your business Mr nosy!" ;) Personally I don't believe people will get much if any work from this forum and I say this because only sparks and trainee sparks come here. Of course I may be wrong with this statement and If someone can prove otherwise, then I'm happy to stand corrected.

I happy to abide by forum rules, but if the rules become such that I have to give away more and more personal information, then I won't be visiting anymore. I don't know why people feel it necessary to know where others live anyway.

Carry on :D :D
for example, if a lady came on here asking if someone could advise her on a lighting problem she had, and said she was in bristol area, all members in the bristol area could be found and forwarded to the lady. if you've not put your location down obviously you don't show up.

We are not asking for a street name and number!!!! :^O

Just area, london..liverpool...birmingham..cardiff.

As already said though, it is completely optional.

:)

for example, if a lady came on here asking if someone could advise her on a lighting problem she had, and said she was in bristol area, all members in the bristol area could be found and forwarded to the lady. if you've not put your location down obviously you don't show up.We are not asking for a street name and number!!!! :^O

Just area, london..liverpool...birmingham..cardiff.

As already said though, it is completely optional.

:)
If such a lady came on here looking for a sparks in Bristol, I wouldn't be able to help anyway, but if she were in my area and she wanted someone to change her lamps, I'd say "You want equal rights don't you, do it yourself then!" ROTFWL

Of course I'm joking and I take your point, however I have yet to see such a scenario here. You would see it over at DIYnot though. :eek:

If such a lady came on here looking for a sparks in Bristol, I wouldn't be able to help anyway, but if she were in my area and she wanted someone to change her lamps, I'd say "You want equal rights don't you, do it yourself then!" ROTFWL Of course I'm joking and I take your point. :eek:
ROTFWL ROTFWL

You were within 5 miles of me.Are you a member of the travelling community?
ROTFWL ROTFWL

You were within 5 miles of me.Are you a member of the travelling community?
Nah. My girlfriend's father does a lot of fishing so they have a static caravan just outside Appleby (Wild Rose if you know it)

So I was in a caravan!

:D

If I put my exact location only D Brenan would know where I live as he is very near me.

I live in Great Harwood. Now thats Lancashire, and I eat black puddings from Bury and tripe from anywhere I can get it.

:) :)

If I put my exact location only D Brenan would know where I live as he is very near me.I live in Great Harwood. Now thats Lancashire, and I eat black puddings from Bury and tripe from anywhere I can get it.

:) :)
I have recently discovered the joy of black pudding. Couldn't bring myself to eating a blood clot, but some arrived with a fry up and I am now a convert.

A fry up now needs bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms, fried/scrambled egg, toast, black pudding, lambs kidney and a slice of fried breads if I'm feeling naughty. If I discover any more requirements I'll need some bigger plates.

mmm - I'm masticating thinking about it.

A fry up now needs bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms, fried/scrambled egg, toast, black pudding, lambs kidney and a slice of fried breads if I'm feeling naughty. If I discover any more requirements I'll need some bigger plates.

haggis is always a welcome addition. :D

A fry up now needs bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms, fried/scrambled egg, toast, black pudding, lambs kidney and a slice of fried breads if I'm feeling naughty. If I discover any more requirements I'll need some bigger plates. mmm - I'm masticating thinking about it.

You know for a fellow Celt I never had the bottle to try Haggis when I was North of the border for work, and I was even on expenses, so if I didn't like it I could have ordered something else.

Mind I went to Cork & never tried the Guinness either!

:Blushing :coat

I have recently discovered the joy of black pudding. Couldn't bring myself to eating a blood clot, but some arrived with a fry up and I am now a convert. A fry up now needs bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms, fried/scrambled egg, toast, black pudding, lambs kidney and a slice of fried breads if I'm feeling naughty. If I discover any more requirements I'll need some bigger plates.

A fry up now needs bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms, fried/scrambled egg, toast, black pudding, lambs kidney and a slice of fried breads if I'm feeling naughty. If I discover any more requirements I'll need some bigger plates. mmm - I'm masticating thinking about it.

vegetable roll is what you are missing. :p

I have recently discovered the joy of black pudding. Couldn't bring myself to eating a blood clot, but some arrived with a fry up and I am now a convert. A fry up now needs bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms, fried/scrambled egg, toast, black pudding, lambs kidney and a slice of fried breads if I'm feeling naughty. If I discover any more requirements I'll need some bigger plates.

Led a sheltered life, have you?

You can order bp from Bury by mail order, hhmm, hhmm!!

(I don't need to, my Mum goes to Bury regularly and brings me a "Red Cross" parcel of bp whenever she visits).

Apparently you can now get 'low fat' bp. WHAT? What's that about then?

Led a sheltered life, have you?You can order bp from Bury by mail order, hhmm, hhmm!!

(I don't need to, my Mum goes to Bury regularly and brings me a "Red Cross" parcel of bp whenever she visits).

Apparently you can now get 'low fat' bp. WHAT? What's that about then?
Good health and safety getting stuck up their own rectum by the sounds of it!!!

:|