Member Locations

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riggy

Reaction score
I find members locations useful when looking at what people post.

I seem to remember that Admin also mentioned in a recent thread that members should provide their true location.

Perhaps the moderators could lead the way?

I think they live in little huts, last seen in that film with hobbits, yeah thats it Lord of the rings.

Although I had better behave or they will send my precious in a box to admin.

It is an individual members option whether to display their location or not.

Some people (for reasons they may want to keep to themselves) chose not to say.

I will give you country but no more - this way I may be just around the corner.

It is an individual members option whether to display their location or not. Some people (for reasons they may want to keep to themselves) chose not to say.

OMG I am going to get a visit from a Doberman, I thought I had seen you before.

yes gh watch dog tried visiting yesterday to pick up that money you owe him but you wernt in the house so watchdog and the rest of the moderators will be calling either tomorrow sunday or monday, but not sure when as if they tell you youll hop it over the fence again :^O

I find members locations useful when looking at what people post.I seem to remember that Admin also mentioned in a recent thread that members should provide their true location.

How do you prepose that as when I use my work computer the IT base is in Europe whilst I'm in the UK?

It is an individual members option whether to display their location or not. Some people (for reasons they may want to keep to themselves) chose not to say.

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick, WD.

I do believe that OP, is saying for those who opted to use the "Location", that they at least enter their true location, Ie, Windsor, West Midlands etc.

How do you prepose that as when I use my work computer the IT base is in Europe whilst I'm in the UK?
It makes no difference what network you are based on Mate. It is not determined by your IP etc. It is entered manually and is attached to your account.

What I mean is, you manually enter your location, it will stay the same until you change it, manually again. So you can use a UK PC / IT etc or you can you a PC / IT abroad, it will always be the same.

HTH

Admin.

I agree with riggy it does help if members provide their true location as when people talk about pricing it would help to know if their in London or out in the sticks. Cheers

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick, WD.I do believe that OP, is saying for those who opted to use the "Location", that they at least enter their true location, Ie, Windsor, West Midlands etc.

It makes no difference what network you are based on Mate. It is not determined by your IP etc. It is entered manually and is attached to your account.

What I mean is, you manually enter your location, it will stay the same until you change it, manually again. So you can use a UK PC / IT etc or you can you a PC / IT abroad, it will always be the same.

HTH

Admin.
I know that but what I was saying is that is the Mods had try and input the location using IP tracking software then you would find the actual location does not come up to where the person is located.

I know that but what I was saying is that is the Mods had try and input the location using IP tracking software then you would find the actual location does not come up to where the person is located.
Yes, I agree - but OP was not referring to IP Tracking Data. He was referring to the Location where you manually enter your location and it displays in your profile and on every post that you make.

This, IMH, helps a possible client to see where you are from too, and may result in work coming your way. ;)

Yes, I agree - but OP was not referring to IP Tracking Data. He was referring to the Location where you manually enter your location and it displays in your profile and on every post that you make.This, IMH, helps a possible client to see where you are from too, and may result in work coming your way. ;)
Re-reading the OPS original posting I think he was having a dig at watchdog whos location is blank: maybe the other mods as well^O;)

Re-reading the OPS original posting I think he was having a dig at watchdog whos location is blank: maybe the other mods as well^O;)
Not Watchdog - but a Mod, probably - Yes. :)

I thought Watchdog is a Mod :Blushing
I think he just may be a Rocker, or a new romantic.

My location reflects my usual location at any given time so I see no reason to localise it to one particular area.

Dangerous territory this, the OP is suggesting the moderators force us to display our locations? I see no reason why I should display my location and so choose not to. If what I have put in there offends anyone, then I'll remove it and replace it with "None of your business Mr nosy!" ;)

Personally I don't believe people will get much if any work from this forum and I say this because only sparks and trainee sparks come here. Of course I may be wrong with this statement and If someone can prove otherwise, then I'm happy to stand corrected.

I happy to abide by forum rules, but if the rules become such that I have to give away more and more personal information, then I won't be visiting anymore. I don't know why people feel it necessary to know where others live anyway.

Carry on :D :D

I thought Watchdog is a Mod :Blushing
He is Mate.

Dangerous territory this, the OP is suggesting the moderators force us to display our locations? I see no reason why I should display my location and so choose not to. If what I have put in there offends anyone, then I'll remove it and replace it with "None of your business Mr nosy!" ;) Personally I don't believe people will get much if any work from this forum and I say this because only sparks and trainee sparks come here. Of course I may be wrong with this statement and If someone can prove otherwise, then I'm happy to stand corrected.

I happy to abide by forum rules, but if the rules become such that I have to give away more and more personal information, then I won't be visiting anymore. I don't know why people feel it necessary to know where others live anyway.

Carry on :D :D
You don't have to - It is optional.