Meter Readings and What they Mean. (Calling All Experienced Sparks)...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hello Guys And Girls.

After Reading Ian's thread here (And after thinking about it since learning the sparking world, I thought that - with the help of all you experienced guys and Girls, you could possibly compile a list of testing figures and what you would think/experienced the result of that figure to be.

IE: 0.25Mohm on an IR test of a Ring, could - perhaps, be a Neon within that circuit.

I, as an adult learner of the sparking trade - I would appreciate the input and I am sure that other learner sparks would too.

What sort of reading would you expect for the famous "Aerial booster in the loft" scenario?

Thank You in advance for all Helpful replies.

Admin.

The idea is sound but in practice the circuit lengths would be different in various locations and the readings will not be standard.

Personaly I do not think there are any shortcuts the item of equipment needs to be identified not assumed

I think there are far too many variables with this. just because you have a reading of 0.25 doesnt mean much without checking more. it would be something plugged in, it could be the actual cable, or bit of both.

I dont really see how this could work

Perhaps just a list of the little B***ers that can throw you when running an IR test for example, although I suspect many of the books have such lists

:eek: :Oi missed it:( :(

Blushingfacebooks faultBlushing

Congratulations on posting 4000 posts :Y :Y

Oh what the heck, have one of these instead Guiness Drink

Is that supposed to be it???
if it is it's crap

there you go

welsh_flag.png

Latest posts