Meter upgrades .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a call today from a small energy company  dealing in replacing meters .   Said he found me on Yellow Page site , bit strange as I haven't used them since around  1066.   However he was looking for a local electrician to replace  or install bonding  following mainly gas meter upgrades ,  apparently the fitters are not trained to replace bonding clips :C    

He then said if interested your first one will  this coming Tuesday at 2-30 with the meter guy ,  in this area  .     I turned it down  because I don't take to some company or other planning my week for me .       

Sounds to me like they want you to teach them how to do it. Otherwise no need for the appointment arrangement.

Just think of the horrors you could uncover if you took on this mission.

with anything like that, you need to know how much and when they will pay for work done.

with anything like that, you need to know how much and when they will pay for work done.
There is that of course ,  but as I said ,  I don't want someone phoning up  & telling me where & when  to be somewhere .  

Wow !  Just noticed ...our friendly Wookiee  has appeared !!    Thought you had returned to your own planet  Chewie? 

Last edited by a moderator: