metrel 3101.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jl-heating

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can i just say i used my new tester today ... dam its good....

it says in the book 5 times faster..... yes i agree its so much faster its unbelieveable..

a real must for a seasoned tester..

We had one failed after 5 hours use when sent back was told they have had several fail so have gone Fluke

I have been using a metrel euroAT and downloaded the update to the 17th edition then found the The inbuilt Z_lim for various protective devices do not match those published in the current 17th wiring regulations for instance a type B 6 amp mcb instrument states 6.14 ohms 17th edition states 6.18 ohms.

When measuring earth loop impedance's on a TT system with the instrument in the non trip for rcd mode the earth loop measurement is almost double the figure obtained from other loop impedance testers.

Whilst attempting to use the eurolink software I cannot understand how to open the program up to the pro version using the password function.

I have found that if i load the demo file into the program then input 1 to 9 plus a load of zeroes the password is accepted and i am able to view the test results in the preview pro report tab. I f i then upload from the instrument the test results data i am unable to view them in the preview pro report tab despite the program accepting any password of 19 characters.

Have emailed metrel for an explanation but recieved no reply to date:(

I have been using a metrel euroAT and downloaded the update to the 17th edition then found the The inbuilt Z_lim for various protective devices do not match those published in the current 17th wiring regulations for instance a type B 6 amp mcb instrument states 6.14 ohms 17th edition states 6.18 ohms.
looks like its taking rule of thumb 0.8 of max permissible values..

i.e. big red book. pg 49

6A type B = 7.67ohm x 0.8 = 6.136ohm approx 6.14ohm!

whereas OSG pg 103 gives 6.18ohm corrected for ambient temp.

Yes I see your point thats the answer just the tt problem to sort out now:)

Thanks for your reply

Yes I see your point thats probaly the answer just the tt problem to sort out now:)Thanks for your reply
just guessing?

never seen one or used one.....

But the maths bit seamed to match up... :)

I'll pass on the TT bit though!:OBlushingBlushingBlushing

so you have the eurolink pro. what is it like and is it paired to the tester as in can only be fitted to 1 pc and 1 pda .. ?

i am very interested in this software.. but would like to see it working

I have found that we do not have the serial for the program to open it up to the pro version, will get back to you once i have it.

As you can see from my earlier posts we are having a problem with it when testing TT systems. I have emailed metrel and am waiting their reply.

cheers

:)

i might stick with easy cert.... unless the eurolink is very very good ... i await your reply wth anticipation.

lol.

I have easycert and personaly i think its good. the eurolink program works in a different way you are supposed to be able to save all the test results into the machine then upload them into eurolink which in the full version prints them out on NIEIC certs. So far I have not got fully to grips with it but it appears to very time consuming on site.

Problem is today I was halfway through testing an installation and the machine packed up the display corrupted to the point where I could not read it :_|

I am hoping its the rechargeable batteries even though I had charged them the day before,if not its going back.

cheers