Mft calibration prices

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NICEIC have liked monthly check with a resistance box and RCD on a known circuit for many years, they used to accept proper cal cert on a 2 year basis. Personally I think yearly proper cert is minimum acceptable especially given the rough environments are test gear can be subjected to.
The monthly resistance and earth loop check is a perfectly good idea although I'm always a bit sceptical of the RCD test on a known circuit given some of the RCD issues I've found over the years

if you do the RCD test regularly it does seem to keep them working properly.
Does it, about 12 years ago I fitted a dual RCD CU all tested and working correctly, 5 months on and while doing some other electrical work I retested one of the RCD's and it didn't trip as expected found it was out of spec when ramp tested only tripping at 37mA
So how often would you need to test them to keep them working properly

Does it, about 12 years ago I fitted a dual RCD CU all tested and working correctly, 5 months on and while doing some other electrical work I retested one of the RCD's and it didn't trip as expected found it was out of spec when ramp tested only tripping at 37mA
So how often would you need to test them to keep them working properly
It does in my house, but that's my experience of retesting regularly the same RCD,