Minor electrical certificate

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Stephen Munt there are also a few software options for generating certificates. The most practical software for your situation is probably Electraform as you can purchase a few credits at very low cost and then it doesn't matter if it takes you a month or years to use them.

It's changed from that @Andy™ . It changed a few years back from a MWC to a MEIWC. Either in 2018 or 2022.
It's now a more expansive form than the MWC with an annoyingly long title.
See Appendix 6 BS7671 2018 (2022) page 513.

But did it??????????????????? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Yellow Book BS7671:1992 Amd 2 1997 top of page 267: Appendix 6 the model form is called "Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate"..
But the guidance over the page (268) paragraph 3 refers to... The "Minor Works Certificate".. blah blah blah.. etc.. etc..
i.e. The "Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate" has always generally known as the "MWC"!

(P.S. I don't have access to any physical copies of earlier regs books, as I only went self employed in Feb 1999, So I personally didn't need to purchase / keep any of my own copies!!!)

Whereas Part 7, Page 159 Chapter 74, Reg 743-01-02 refers to a "Minor Electrical Installation Work Certificate" being issued.. Blah Blah blah.. etc.. etc... (plus later regs Part 6 references )..

To my understanding what has always 'officially' being described as a "Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate" in BS7671..
is generally termed an "MWC" in various notes etc..

The notes on page 418 (Yellow BS7671:2008 Amd3 2015) still describe it as a "Minor Works Certificate"
Whereas the Blue book, (2018) page 466, notes do actually give it its full name "Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate"

So is it the "NOTES" or "MODEL FORMS" that carry the burden of the 'official' description amongst sparks old & new..?? :unsure::oops:(y)(n);):cool::p:D:ROFLMAO:🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🥂🍷🥃🍻
(weekend drinks anyone?)

Me personally... There are still either the "EIC" or "MWC" issued for any non-inspection & testing related work!!
Simples!!

I don't see much difference from the model forms headings in BS7671 2018 or 2022 from the previous issues of BS7617 when describing the appropriate certification to be issued for specific jobs!

Yellow Book BS7671:1992 Amd 2 1997 top of page 267: Appendix 6 the model form is called "Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate"..
But the guidance over the page (268) paragraph 3 refers to... The "Minor Works Certificate".. blah blah blah.. etc.. etc..
i.e. The "Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate" has always generally known as the "MWC"!

(P.S. I don't have access to any physical copies of earlier regs books, as I only went self employed in Feb 1999, So I personally didn't need to purchase / keep any of my own copies!!!)

Whereas Part 7, Page 159 Chapter 74, Reg 743-01-02 refers to a "Minor Electrical Installation Work Certificate" being issued.. Blah Blah blah.. etc.. etc... (plus later regs Part 6 references )..

To my understanding what has always 'officially' being described as a "Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate" in BS7671..

The notes on page 418 (Yellow BS7671:2008 Amd3 2015) still describe it as a "Minor Works Certificate"
Whereas the Blue book, (2018) page 466, notes do actually give it its full name "Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate"

So is it the "NOTES" or "MODEL FORMS" that carry the burden of the 'official' description amongst sparks old & new..?? :unsure::oops:(y)(n);):cool::p:D:ROFLMAO:🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻🥂🍷🥃🍻
(weekend drinks anyone?)

Me personally... There are still either the "EIC" or "MWC" issued for any non-inspection & testing related work!!
Simples!!

I don't see much difference from the model forms headings in BS7671 2018 or 2022 from the previous issues of BS7617 when describing the appropriate certification to be issued for specific jobs!

see. im not going crazy

(weekend drinks anyone?)

Simples!!

Good spot!
It was just the form that changed in 2018, the title was still the long winded one.
Plus, you're quite right, keep it simple, we all know what a MWC is. I shall start saying that again :) .

If you are sitting your BS7671 18th edition exam (or any others that ask about certificates) then I think you are going to have to give the correct name for the certificate/form - MEIWC - if asked. At least that was what I was taught when I did the 17th edition & the test & inspection exams.

It didn't go bang when I turned it on thats the testing done

I didn't fill that many of them in before the 15th edition came along
Uhh the good ole bang test lol.
I remember back in 82 I was a second year apprentice working up in London and my old tutor couldn't identify a circuit , onsite was a heating and ventilating Eng he said do you want me to short these to ends out and you go to the DB and see what goes BANG lol should of seen my mentors face he declined the offer.