minor works certificate

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butler26

Reaction score
hi all

if your going to add FCU to a ring final ciruit so you can install some outside lights

would you use two certs, one for the FCU thats been installed and one for the lights that will be supplied from the FCU

thanks

just the one mwc for the ringmain circuit as the new lighting is now part of that circuit albeit via the fused spur

obviously you would need to test the additional wiring you have added

Providing that the FCU is not in a kitchen which would be notifiable.

Providing that the FCU is not in a kitchen which would be notifiable.
i thought all outside electrical installations would be notifiable
eh????

Why is anyone even mentioning notifiable....

Notifiable works can be MWC or EIC...

The question was if one MWC is sufficient...

which was answered in posts 2 & 3...

:C

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hijack this thread, but is that true about an outside light attached to an external wall not being notifiable? I have not really had any dealings with notification (one of the joys of being employed - my boss get to do all the nasty paperwork) but I always thought that anything outside had to be notified.

Oh dear, I hate it when I realise how much I still need to learn..... headbang

Sorry to hijack this thread, but is that true about an outside light attached to an external wall not being notifiable? I have not really had any dealings with notification (one of the joys of being employed - my boss get to do all the nasty paperwork) but I always thought that anything outside had to be notified. Oh dear, I hate it when I realise how much I still need to learn..... headbang
If you attach an outside light to the wall of the house and the switch is inside, then it is not notifiable. It would become notifiable if the switch were also outside or was an addition in a kitchen or if the cable had to cross any garden (light not on wall of house).

Thats great PC, thank you. I've realised I'll have to get a copy of the part document and force myself to read it. Oh the excitment

Thats great PC, thank you. I've realised I'll have to get a copy of the part document and force myself to read it. Oh the excitment
It's a marginally better read than the EAWR! but only just.

Outside work is most likely notifiable to do with competence at armoured cable. Adding a light on the wall is no more difficult than adding a light inside which a DIYer could manage without much issue.

You have to think logically at why certain jobs are notifiable and why others aren't.

Outside work is most likely notifiable to do with competence at armoured cable. Adding a light on the wall is no more difficult than adding a light inside which a DIYer could manage without much issue.You have to think logically at why certain jobs are notifiable and why others aren't.
A socket outside is always notifiable, whereas a socket inside isn't! Good point nevertheless.

edit: ignore that

A socket outside is always notifiable, whereas a socket inside isn't! Good point nevertheless.
External Sockets that come with a plug in rcd are not part p notifiable

Unless of course the ring final circuit where you're adding the FCU is the kitchen ring THEN any works ARE notifiable!

Latest posts