Minor works or Installation cert?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinman1973

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just completed the installation of a defibrillator cabinet and it is wired as follows
Existing 32A final ring circuit on tybeB RCBO.
Addition . FCU spured off a socket outlet, about 300mm of singles.
3A fuse BS1361, about 10m of 1.5 3core swa to an external IP56 junction box.
Obviously testing r1 and r2, Zs, IR etc of the circuit to the JB, using the max Zs values for a 3A BS1361.
But here's the question. Would it be MEIWC or EIC?

My thoughts are EIC as it's a new OCPD and therefore a new circuit. Comparable to a sub main feeding a DB with that feeding the new circuit.
What do you guys think?

Cheers

Hi,
I have just completed the installation of a defibrillator cabinet and it is wired as follows
Existing 32A final ring circuit on tybeB RCBO.
Addition . FCU spured off a socket outlet, about 300mm of singles.
3A fuse BS1361,
about 10m of 1.5 3core swa to an external IP56 junction box.
Obviously testing r1 and r2, Zs, IR etc of the circuit to the JB, using the max Zs values for a 3A BS1361.
But here's the question. Would it be MEIWC or EIC?

My thoughts are EIC as it's a new OCPD and therefore a new circuit. Comparable to a sub main feeding a DB with that feeding the new circuit.
What do you guys think?

Cheers
Just curious how you managed to fit a BS1361 fuse into an FCU

Easy it will fit they are shorter.

But don't make contact with the fuse holder (might vary between makes of spur) as a colleage of mine once found out when he picked fused out of his tray without glasses on....

But don't make contact with the fuse holder (might vary between makes of spur) as a colleage of mine once found out when he picked fused out of his tray without glasses on....
My statement was somewhat light hearted. I have seen many a 5A 1362 fuse in a 1361 Wylex fuse carrier, it goes in but it ain't right.
I forget humour is a bit lacking on here.

My statement was somewhat light hearted.

So was mine, I had to laugh when I went to figure out why watever equipment was connected wasn't working a few days later and told the chap I'd just had to change the fuses.... "but I tested them" says he....

(maybe its the way I tell it them!)