mmmm, plastering!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy

Reaction score
I am picking up bits and pieces of 'mate' work at the moment but am struggling to get full time (which is what I want). I am helping a bloke 'do up' his new house at the moment and the plasterer was impressed with my attitude to work, he has a big contract starting August thru to xmas. He has offered me employment for those 5months at

If you came to me I'd look at it as an extra skill that I could charge for!

Work is work and it's only increasing your skills. When things are quiet for me I fit a few kitchens.

I would go for it

no harm to have that on your CV

Thats three yes's then

And a big juicy yes from me !!

We all need to earn a living , go for it .

Imagine in the future , someone says I'm setting up a small building firm ,extensions, kitchens etc. and I need some multi-skilled guys , interested?

Yep , I do electrics and plastering to a good standard.

Plastering is hard work TBH but doing it now and again it wouldn't be so bad.

And when mixing, wear the mask .

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, I learned to plaster when i was between jobs as they say, plastering with my next door neighbour. Only

I am picking up bits and pieces of 'mate' work at the moment but am struggling to get full time (which is what I want). I am helping a bloke 'do up' his new house at the moment and the plasterer was impressed with my attitude to work, he has a big contract starting August thru to xmas. He has offered me employment for those 5months at

Listen Guy, small builder I do electrics for, 3 men .

Between them they do Drains/footings/bricklaying/carpentry/ plumbing/roofing/roof tiling/fit kitchens/fit bathrooms/heating/wall tiling.

They sub contract the plastering and electrics and gas feeds.

Its strings to your bow as they say. I have no problem patching round boxes or repairing where we knocked through, say, but a lot of Sparks won't touch it and get a Spread in.

Go for it guy. I do plastering aswell as electrics and get quite a bit more work because of it. The customer has to get one tradesman not two and if you price it right u can pick up extra plastering/electrical work from other jobs and be a busy busy bee just like me :)

Matt

Great skill to have as TBH are any of the "hands on" trades. Go for it.

(Of course you might one day do first fix and then get the plastering up job. You won't though be able to curse that "effin plasterer" for damaging the runs or filling in the boxes! :) )

Well thats answered my question, thank you all for the advice and encouragement. If I have no electrical work I will go for it.