MPS to get extra £10k for working from home WTAF!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
so MPs are entitled to an additional £10k for working from home to cover cost of Laptop( shouldn't they already have something?) printer, paper and additional cost of heating

what an absolute Shower of 🐶 💩 s

accountant has just told me I can get about £570 per month!....it's a lot better than what I thought I would get, but....

Surely any MP should already have the necessary communications and general office facilities at home, funded from their existing expenses.
Well that is what a normal person would assume.  It seems to have been sneaked through under the radar!

a LOT of things seem to have been overlooked....Prince Andrew is v quiet

a great time to bury bad or controversial news because everyone is only interested in one subject at the moment.
Yes   trouble is the likes of you and me  are not in a position to spot anything sliding under the door  ....remember that  quote made on 9/11  ...as  people were  plummeting  down from the Twin Towers  someone advised the  then Prime Minister  that  ..." Today would be a good day to release certain news "       Don'cha just love politics. 

I went sole trader six months ago so no help from HMRC for me.

I could try and claim income support at £94 a week but as I have an Army pension coming in I won't get it.

Yet again the political class seeing us oiks off again, they need to remember they work for us and as such we should decide their wages and claims they can make.

I went sole trader six months ago so no help from HMRC for me.

I could try and claim income support at £94 a week but as I have an Army pension coming in I won't get it.

Yet again the political class seeing us oiks off again, they need to remember they work for us and as such we should decide their wages and claims they can make.
it's what you get if people keep voting for the Tories - they look after money first, people second, not that I'm saying Corbyn was worth voting for, but if people keep voting one party in, nothing changes.....  

For what it's worth, I am very much of the opinion the whole voting system needs changing.

it's what you get if people keep voting for the Tories - they look after money first, people second, not that I'm saying Corbyn was worth voting for, but if people keep voting one party in, nothing changes.....  

For what it's worth, I am very much of the opinion the whole voting system needs changing.
The whole system is corrupt regardless of political colour.

The whole system is corrupt regardless of political colour.

So with this in mind, I emailed my MP expressing my concern that I and many others are having to live on far less income and his office responded with :

"Dear Mr Hamilton,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Mr Lord and his team have no intention of using  the money. Government offered up to 10K to MPs for additional staff and office costs caused by the coronavirus. Normally, most MPs’ staff work in Westminster and/or the constituency office. Suddenly, all staff had to work from home, but not all are set up for this. Some MPs will have had to equip staff accordingly to enable them to work from home and deal with the challenges and  increase in work due to the pandemic.

The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) is an external body and will scrutinise every penny that is spent. MPs will not benefit personally from the 10K and will have to provide invoices and proof for any additional costs the MP may have incurred to set up working remotely as a result of the coronavirus.

The way the media presented this misled the public in believing that this amount was just given to all MPs.

With best wishes.

Kind regards,"

To which I replied:

"Thanks for the reply

Maybe you should be making statements about this so the public are not mislead"

Wonder how many MP's will be taking the cash?