Musical Cctv Camera

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi there guys and girls

i went to a job a couple of days ago, and installed a speed dome for a customer, i agreed where the customer wanted said dome installing and wacked it on the wall. setup the camera to the dvr and away it went went back following day to install the floodlights and the chap said the camera was needing relocating to other side of house 15 or so metres away, would you all say this is chargable as its already been agreed and the chap doesnt want it there now or is the opinion here that hes right to move it as many times as he like before paying the invoice. any suggestions and comments on this job welcome

I would say deffo chargeable. He was asked once where to put it, now he changes his mind. The labour he is paying for originally has already been used fitting in first position. If he wants it moving then charge for labour again plus any other bits you need to move it. i.e. more cable. Some people are rediculous. For the price of another cable may as well put another in rather than move lol

the chaps refusing to pay original cost and also refuses to pay for move so im stuffed but ill get him to sign a docket this time round saying hes happy this time and any further moving of camera means a chargeable call out.

is it one of those internet controllable cameras?

get his log in details and keep moving it, [after you have been paid of course]

then it will be chargeable to go back and 'reset' whatever it is that he has messed up in the settings,  :slap

He is well out of order and being an A**E.

"He" is WELL out of order, if he has requested the camera where you have put it and is now not happy, his problem, however, did you get in writing his requirements?

IF not how can you "prove" that his first request was made?

He is well out of order and being an A**E.

"He" is WELL out of order, if he has requested the camera where you have put it and is now not happy, his problem, however, did you get in writing his requirements?

IF not how can you "prove" that his first request was made?
thats the problem thought it was a genuine client so no but after i move it ill get a service docket signed by him so if theres an issue with where the camera is next time it doesnt capture the required images cause thats what will hapen, ill attach a couple of our images and let you guess which type image hell end up with due to location of camera after i move it

2 x images as promised, image 1 is the one the camera will show with relocated position, image 2 would be as the camera shot would look now.

View attachment 4579

View attachment 4581

Last edited by a moderator: