Napit assessment today

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waynehayes

Reaction score
I have my first Napit assessment in a couple of hours. Just going over paperwork/tools/chocolate biscuits now.

Time to put the kettle on methinks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late update. It went fine. Mine was only about 2.5 hours. A bit if testing and regs and Bob's your uncle. Just got to wait for my members pack now.

Congratulations Wayne, well done. Once you have your full details you can contact Admin to have your Napit logo under your Forum name.

Doc H.

Thanks all. It was quite interesting chatting with my assessor about various things including earthing, bonding ('cross bonding' - his words), exporting PME and BS7671 ammendment 1 (making just about every electrical book I own obsolete, including all guidance notes, OSG etc.) amongst other things.

I actually did very little hands-on testing (MPB contunuity test and 1 Ze at a socket test). I didn't even get to use my proving unit and locking off kit that was neatly laid out.

Anyway, all's good for 12 months.

So how did it all go?

Im having trouble deciding on who to join with... and im just a bit annoyed at the fact that i have to pay for it. i mean i have forked out enough for 2330 courses, 17th ed, testing equipment. I am soooo ready to go out there and get my hands dirty. My first job was to test a lighting circuit.. turned out to be a whole consumer unit change now i need part p and to join a competent persons scheme.. My god how much money do i have to spend in order to see a return without a headache. :/ LoL

Anyways, a bit off track but i was wondering what is it like to have the assesor come out n see how ur doing? I can imagine it would be quite tough... is it?

What are ur thoughts on Napit and what made you go with them? im thinking of joining Niceic simply because its what the customers look out for really but i can honestly say i havnt heard much nice things about them...

im deciding on NICEIC or Elecsa. i dnt know why?

Im just tired of having to open my wallet all the time now. Especially since completeing my course and havnt been able to get a job I have decided to go self employed. What is it like for you guys working these days?

Did my NAPIT assessment last week.

The assessor just needed to know I was competent and had all the required paperwork to hand.

Talked for 2 hours to make sure I was a electrician then went off and inspected a couple of jobs I had done.

Helpful guy who is there to help you as long as you don't bull**** him.

cheers

Dave

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was made at 15:39 ----------

p.s sorry, passed and now a member of NAPIT.

Same here. Did my napit assessment on Saturday. Very helpful guy. Don't be nervous and lik you say don't try to Bull them and it's fine. I too did very little testing. Just the Ze and a Zs, he did have me explain how to do ring final testing and R1 + R2 tests which If you know how to do is simples.

Latest posts