napit assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsoppitt

Reaction score
hey guys , ive got my second napit assessment soon , is it ok to use the same address for a visit as i did for my initial assessment , it will be a different circuit .

I'm with NAPIT and after the first job they have never asked to inspect any others with me so not sure if they will want to just visit you at home for the yearly inspection, they normally give you a list of things that they want to check, Insurance, estimates, contracts, waste policy, works diary, copies of certificates, onsite guide, BRB, GS38, calibration certificates etc etc.

I always keep some photo's of work just in case though.

Hope this helps, Mike.

thanks mike , coming back to me now about all the paperwork they want to inspect , as you can guess i still havent got it , forgetful . Got insurance , osg , regs , calibration cert , qualification certs and thats it , can you let me know exactly what else im gonna need and where to get them from ( download or buy ) , thanks .

My assessor comes out every year and laughs at the thought that I could pass any assessment from one job, he wants to see at least 5, and as Steptoe reminds us, because my work is national I need more than half a day, for each visit.

so kayakkid can i use the same property but different circuit for my assessment , do you know . thanks

I think I may have to have a serious conversation with all the scheme providers, it is apparent that because the rush in electrical safety Part P, and the back door opening on those who could take advantage, we are now in a serious position that inexperianced people have a qualification that should never have been given.

Electrickery can kill!

I am never opposed to those who know nothing but are prepared to ask, but this is getting beyond a joke, most of you can not even string a sentance together! and you expect us to answer.

I wish I was a window cleaner, at least i would know which detergent to use, or a postman, so I would know which stamp would ensure a secure delivery.

manator , please tell me that comment is not aimed at me , ive been doing what i do for 15 years , just because i dont know the workings of napit,s assessing process does not make me incompetent or inexperienced in any way like anything new until you get used to it you dont know how it works .

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:36 ----------

canoeboy because the property is only a 2 minute walk and all other jobs are at least 25 mins away thought it would be easier to take this option but if cant then cant .

Do I read this thread correctly.......

Some electricians can be annual assessed by not even having 1 site visit????

And others can use just "A Single Circuit" as a representation of thier work????

Or have I had too much to drink today???

Even as mere DI I always have to show two installations each year....

and personally I consider a new CU as an essential element of at least one of those jobs if not both!

:C

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 02:04 ---------- Previous post was made at 01:55 ----------

Can't you telephone a Napit helpline for this sort of info? :|

(that seems the logical thought to me!)

manator , please tell me that comment is not aimed at me , ive been doing what i do for 15 years , just because i dont know the workings of napit,s assessing process does not make me incompetent or inexperienced in any way like anything new until you get used to it you dont know how it works .---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:36 ----------

canoeboy because the property is only a 2 minute walk and all other jobs are at least 25 mins away thought it would be easier to take this option but if cant then cant .
No the comment was not aimed at you, my problem is with the scheme providers who are well aware of my thoughts. Almost to the point that most now consider me hostile press, although i do not write for any publications.

The problem we have is inconsistancy, both between providers, and with assessment passes. I personaly know of at least one DI who has never had any training but passed an assessment, the assessor who passed him said it was a joke!

If my comments caused any offence, be assured they were not intended to, sometimes I think aloud and express some very strong views, because I am passionate about our work, and I hate to see it dragged through the mud by scheme providers who see targets and finance the major objective.

I cannot understand how a practising electrician cannot show a decent job ie complete house or rewire if they are registered. I can understand maybe for there first assessement they may not have the jobs to show but if they have passed surely then they should be doing the work. I think this may be why part p is failing. It should be that when you first apply to join you can get away with a cu change and a minor works but then after 3 months you have to show a proper job. This way it may get rid of some of the terrible work thats being done at present.

ok , so this is what napit said to me , you can use a property thats already been assessed as long as it involves 2 new circuits but ideally it will be a new property within 30 mins of home address . Either way 2 new circuits is all it takes for a follow on assessment .

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was made at 17:13 ----------

Its not about the size of the job being shown its purely about location , if you can use a property 2 minutes away rather than 30 minutes away then obviously you will pick the former would you not , more time for tea and biscuits .

I cannot understand how a practising electrician cannot show a decent job ie complete house or rewire if they are registered. I can understand maybe for there first assessement they may not have the jobs to show but if they have passed surely then they should be doing the work. I think this may be why part p is failing. It should be that when you first apply to join you can get away with a cu change and a minor works but then after 3 months you have to show a proper job. This way it may get rid of some of the terrible work thats being done at present.
It may be awkward for me this year . I've done hardly any domestic jobs , the ones I have done have either been sold or are not accessible for an assessment visit. I'll have a new build which should be almost finished in December but its 25 miles away .

Latest posts