Napit inspection

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markay2k

Reaction score
Hi any 1 out there with napit i have my on site assessment soon and need to show a job I've done to what length do they inspect your work and what do they require any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

I just passed my assessment last week with napit and I can tell you that my Asessor wasn't too bothered about the job. I showed him the paperwork required, asked me a couple of questions from bs7671 and spoked a lot about procedures and admin staff really.it will not go too much in depth with the job you're showing him but make sure that everithing is labeled and the bonding is in place and complies . Other than that is pretty straight forward especially if you know what are you doing.

A good tip will be to pay for his parking, lol...

PaY for his parking! That's what they have expense claims for you paid for it and he prob still claimed for it!

I just passed my assessment last week with napit and I can tell you that my Asessor wasn't too bothered about the job. I showed him the paperwork required, asked me a couple of questions from bs7671 and spoked a lot about procedures and admin staff really.it will not go too much in depth with the job you're showing him but make sure that everithing is labeled and the bonding is in place and complies . Other than that is pretty straight forward especially if you know what are you doing.A good tip will be to pay for his parking, lol...
Well if he's not interested in your work now i can understand why the part p is in the state it is.

I just dont understand this,

last firm I was QS for had two half days inspection with NICEIC every year,

and at least 2 jobs each time,

maybe the stories are true, that it is only NICEIC that actually do any vetting, and thats probably why so many larger companies insist on NICEIC contractors.

more and more seems like the rest of them just want anybodies money.

My napit inspection lasted 1 1/2 hours. Looked at the install, measured Ze and Zs explained parallel paths on Ze. Explained RFC and sequence of tests. Then a few questions on the regs. Checked paperwork, finished his tea and said goodbye!! Easy

Matt

I am very pleased with them, all the inspectors so far have been regular guys with questions , paperwork etc, not stressful at all, I have heard some bad stories though about the NIC inspectors..

Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sub contract for a nic firm so know what's what however I want to start doing my own work pricing jobs etc however I'm not willing to pay the nic fee if I only do 2 or 3 jobs a year with I've been told by a lecturer I did my 17 th edition with that napit were catching up with napit and were a fantastic outfit for small businesses

Catching nic eic I meant to say

Most of the bad work I have seen is mostly from nic domestic installers...

But they are all the same and want your money

My napit inspection (1st) about 3 years ago lasted a whole day and he asked lots and lots of questions

Depends on the assessor I suppose. But then now it only last half a day