Need help from experienced electricians! part 1

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your paying 6 grand for the 17th your been ripped off.

I went with a private training provider, it cost me 6 grand for

C & G 2330 levels 2 & 3

C & G 2377 Pat testing

C & G 2382 17th edition

C & G 2357 the NVQ which I am unlikely to get due to lack of work, but to be fair it is included in the price.

Logic Certification for PV.

And some Part P qualification that I haven't done yet and not sure I will (If I have a free day I may go and spend 40mins to do the exam).

So anyone been charged 6k just for the 17th should be demanding a big refund.

philbas,

what have you got that isnt 'just' the 17th ?

cos your still not an electrician.

sorry to be blunt, but I dont see, apart from some PV thing or other, what else you have.

oh, sorry, you have the really difficult PAT course,.

BTW, there is NO such thing as a part P qualification, so dont worry about that one.

I think that the part p qual is the building regs......you will need this if you want to join a scam
Are you on about the EAL course??

You do not need any "part P" qualification to be in a scheme,, I "only" have 2381, 2391 and 2382-20,,,, oh and my HNC

There are many other scheme members who also don't have that qualification

But from what I know you will have to have a level 3 qualification before long before you can join a scheme,,, others will know more about this than I do.

philbas,what have you got that isnt 'just' the 17th ?

cos your still not an electrician.

sorry to be blunt, but I dont see, apart from some PV thing or other, what else you have.

oh, sorry, you have the really difficult PAT course,.

BTW, there is NO such thing as a part P qualification, so dont worry about that one.
I dont consider myself to be an electrician, that only comes with experience.

But to me when someone says they have the 17th it means they have passed the 2382 which is the 17th exam and paying 6k for an open book exam is over the top :)

Hi John.

I am currently doing this course with NCS but think the Questions have been re-done, I am just doing my TMA's for week 3 and half of these questions are not there anymore, Did you find the tutors got more helpfull as you went on or not?, I have found tutor help very hit and miss, with some stuff they reply straight away and others they just ignore, Do you feel you made the right choice with this course or not?? Look forward to your reply.

Phil

class II equipment may be constructed with

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:32 ----------

the term 'equipment construction' is what