New Part P April 2013 ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Chaps i had a look through the part p forum but have not found a discussion concerning this.

I have read the document and now do not see any need to be registered for hardly any Minor works. and can always get my sparky mate with nic to sign off my rewires or new circuits and bathroom work where required with an eicr or am i wrong!!.

I de-registered some months ago as i do not do enough big jobs to warrant the cost anymore,so i just issue standard minor works certs now based on my old elecsa ones without their logo.

If this is in the wrong forum please move by all means.

Cheers ssab

Yes you're wrong...it's against the NICEIC's terms and conditions for your mate to sign off your work and if caught he will face disciplinary action and risk being removed from the register of approved electricians. He will also open himself up to insurance liability for the work that he will have signed off for you aswell as the possibility of being criminally liable for anything that may happen because of this work.

I'm sure that the other schemes have similar rules for their members

Did you not read the title ????

Part P April 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest you read it or google it if you have not already realised this is on its way!!.

I thank you.

ssab :slap

Manator your link does not mention 2013 as far as i could see and the fact remains that you have many options open for compliance with the building regs or doc p as you call it from april and one is third party notification via a eicr  or send your quals to building control to see how much if any testing they need to do before job is signed off and how much(if any is charged)

I love you guys X

I did five assessments and all were a joke I was able to steer the assessor to the jobs i wanted him to visit feed him biscuits and coffee and generally enjoy a day off,little bit of test and inspect,discuss a few regs,check my certs and calibration info.

Never saw a assessor check clip distance in loft wiring,open a socket or switch.It is hard to get them away from the c.u most of the time!!.

I really think the delusional sparks out there might like to realise that Dom Electrickery is not an art form although i am quite happy to admit commercial and industrial-is much more involved and requires much more skill with calcs ect.

This is confirmed with the fact that P>P April nearly gives anyone a crack of the whip!!.so why pay a scam or do you like the sticker on your van??.

Trades are trades and sparks are not gods or carpenters or plumbers or plasterers ect  ect infinitum.

Manator your link does not mention 2013 as far as i could see and the fact remains that you have many options open for compliance with the building regs or doc p as you call it from april and one is third party notification via a eicr  or send your quals to building control to see how much if any testing they need to do before job is signed off and how much(if any is charged)
I love you guys X
Sorry, I have had a couple of glasses but WTF? Are you a plant from the "Dark Side"?

SSAB is there any way that we can turn this thread into a proper discussion?

No one has given you any abuse in this thread, so why the attitude?

In my post all I said was that it would be against the scheme operators rules of enrolment to sign off someone elses work, I.e. EIC or MWC,,,, an EICR would be an entirely different thing.

I did five assessments and all were a joke I was able to steer the assessor to the jobs i wanted him to visit feed him biscuits and coffee and generally enjoy a day off,little bit of test and inspect,discuss a few regs,check my certs and calibration info.Never saw a assessor check clip distance in loft wiring,open a socket or switch.It is hard to get them away from the c.u most of the time!!.
Some assessors are better than others I guess, my assessor seems to know his stuff & doesnt stick with the cu checks, he asks varying questions & is more than happy to answer any questions I have & back his answers up with flicking through the regs.

I really think the delusional sparks out there might like to realise that Dom Electrickery is not an art form although i am quite happy to admit commercial and industrial-is much more involved and requires much more skill with calcs ect.
Each to his own though isnt it, I know some spot on industrial sparks who have no idea when it comes to house bashing & avoid it like the plague; & I'm sure we all know DI (hate that term) sparks who are more than capable in other areas of the trade, but find doing domestic work fits their working life.

Before the DI bashing starts there are infact some I say again Some very good and diligent 5ww sparks.......................but you do have to look hard.

This is confirmed with the fact that P>P April nearly gives anyone a crack of the whip!!.so why pay a scam or do you like the sticker on your van??.
Not read it yet so cant say, but surely the crack of the whip has always been there?

only difference is come when ever in April DIY Bob will not have to pay the BC fee for the minor works in certain circumstances.............pretty much what goes on now anyway.

I have 2 stckers on my van & yes they look the dogs bollocks............I love collecting scheme stickers for my van, I think they make you stand out from the "I think I know it all so why do I need to be in a scheme" crowd, thus making you more appealing to the fee paying customers....

I have some spare NICEIC stickers if you want them.

Trades are trades and sparks are not gods or carpenters or plumbers or plasterers ect  ect infinitum.
But can God rewire test sign off & cert electrical work?...............I can

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you

Hi Chaps i had a look through the part p forum but have not found a discussion concerning this.

If this is in the wrong forum please move by all means.

Cheers ssab

By your own powers of deduction you identified you were posting in the wrong forum, I have moved the thread for you ssab. Just for the record I will remind all persons contemplating any implications of Part P, There has never been any obligations for anyone to have to be register with any scheme. Also the major scheme providers were in existence well before Part P was even a thought in any bureaucrats mind. As with numerous other trades voluntary trade associations and bodies have been available for persons to join after paying a fee if they so wish. Is it only naive electricians who think there trade is any different form most other trades.

Doc H.

I have some spare NICEIC stickers if you want them.
only if they are the big ones with the white background,

I have a couple of scrapes I need to cover.  :D

the Elecsa ones I got off Deke werent long enough, but I reckon if I put the Nic ones beside them it'll be mostly covered.......

Latest posts