New Part P April 2013 ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Chaps,

I am surprised how many of you have not read aprils new doc (by your own admissions in previous posts) surely for those of you that carry out domestic work this is a must read.

I did try to upload a copy for you but it was above the kb limit perhaps the moderators can do this!!??.

I see the third party sign off as a good little money spinner for you guys who are still registered and i do not mean (before you all say it) signing of reports for any old tom ,dick,or harry but for peeps like me who do not do enough larger works to justify £500.00 plus a year to the schemes when for me it is not economical.

The only way i would re-register would be to carry out the reports ,hell you could almost  make a business out of it or at least it is an extra string to your bow in the current recession.

I personally am going to see the guys at building control in relation to this with my qualifications and last few years eic's , mwc's, ect, to see what a likely fee would be and what testing(if any) they would want to carry out on my contracts.

It is all there in the document and surely should be explored to its full potential just to see if the other methods mentioned other than being registered are feasible.

I for one do not have a problem with someone else inspecting or testing my work as i would of tested on installation and welcome the comparison,I have nothing to hide,However from what i have seen some registered folks leave behind them and the incorrectly filled in certs hiding behind a scheme (for some) must be  where they will stay quietly hoping no one else will look to closely.

SSAB is there any way that we can turn this thread into a proper discussion?
No one has given you any abuse in this thread, so why the attitude?

In my post all I said was that it would be against the scheme operators rules of enrolment to sign off someone elses work, I.e. EIC or MWC,,,, an EICR would be an entirely different thing.
Noz spark

no attitude just a friendly term or joke if you like,you have just taken it out of the context i posted it in.

Thank you for answering my post but your answer was for current practices and not an answer to the title and meaning of my  original post (April 2013)

After reading the new doc EICR is going to be accepted as the third party notification(unless i read the doc wrong).

Some assessors are better than others I guess, my assessor seems to know his stuff & doesnt stick with the cu checks, he asks varying questions & is more than happy to answer any questions I have & back his answers up with flicking through the regs.
Each to his own though isnt it, I know some spot on industrial sparks who have no idea when it comes to house bashing & avoid it like the plague; & I'm sure we all know DI (hate that term) sparks who are more than capable in other areas of the trade, but find doing domestic work fits their working life.

Before the DI bashing starts there are infact some I say again Some very good and diligent 5ww sparks.......................but you do have to look hard.

Not read it yet so cant say, but surely the crack of the whip has always been there?

only difference is come when ever in April DIY Bob will not have to pay the BC fee for the minor works in certain circumstances.............pretty much what goes on now anyway.

I have 2 stckers on my van & yes they look the dogs bollocks............I love collecting scheme stickers for my van, I think they make you stand out from the "I think I know it all so why do I need to be in a scheme" crowd, thus making you more appealing to the fee paying customers....

I have some spare NICEIC stickers if you want them.

But can God rewire test sign off & cert electrical work?...............I can

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you
M107 

Do you also own the golden fleece ha ha

A van posing and advertising as a scheme billboard!! Seen a few of those driving around they look delightful!.(that's only my opinion and no offence intended.)

Glad to see you are all still here (steptoe included!!) and only want to debate the facts surrounding this document and its implications with the changes coming and i would be delighted to read any posts from members who have bothered to read it and want to discuss its implications.

Cheers all SSAB

It has been discussed for some time now that a review of Part P was required and that it should be acceptable for a registered Electrician to carry out a full test and inspection of a new installation carried out by others and provide an installation certificate and not EICR.

The problem with this was in the NIC not sure about the others, the terms and conditions were that you could not sign off any installation other than your own or an installation installed by your company, which was then covered by the insurance policy offered.

Also some notification work was to be scrapped and other areas made less complex.

We will see what the schemes accept in due course no doubt.

Latest posts