New Screwdrivers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpha spark

Reaction score
Thinking off getting a new set of drivers just seen these any one used them before wot u think ?

I have Irazola at the mo and they do surely every make would wouldn't they but then again probably not

Was looking at a knipex set but they are redicously expensive

Im using the wera ones at the moment but I got them on offer after a wholesalers promo

Think I paid £10

Big ones are fine but the two smaller terminal drivers are poor, tips breaking and had them replaced 2 or 3 times in a few months, talked to counter staff who said loads have been returned

i use these (minus the neon of death)

http://cpc.farnell.com/ck-tools/t49193/screwdriver-set-vde-pz-slotted/dp/TL13428'>
1664291-40.jpg

(cllick the image)

I try not to buy sets as different coloured ones I find are easier to spot in toolbox.

Also tend to buy Pozidrive 2 at a time as they wear more than others , quite a difference when you change to unused one .

Also need to replace the ..." Screwdriver that has no name"   ... but no one seems to have any at the moment .       You know , the one designed for MCB / RCD terminals   half Phillips half slotted thingy ,  had a couple of them but never remember what they're called.  

I try not to buy sets as different coloured ones I find are easier to spot in toolbox.

Also tend to buy Pozidrive 2 at a time as they wear more than others , quite a difference when you change to unused one .

Also need to replace the ..." Screwdriver that has no name"   ... but no one seems to have any at the moment .       You know , the one designed for MCB / RCD terminals   half Phillips half slotted thingy ,  had a couple of them but never remember what they're called.  
I have a ck one of those evans

I've had the wera set before, as mentioned above, the smaller one snap easy and the laser tips soon wear down and then the driver slips easy. Wouldn't buy another set to be honest.

Modulo............Fl-Ozi................Fl-Lips.....loadsa names

I have found the best to be the black/red Kewtechnic ones

I prefer different coloured/style ones for ease of identification...don't like tape on them as it becomes as 'Sticky as Tulisa's Hanky'

ID mine by marking on the top of the handle with Sharpie etc........easier to pick out in my new Veto bag [ it IS the dogs undercarriage of tool bags!]