new supply

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveygh

Reaction score
hi

i'm working in a commercial building with a 100amp 3 phase supply, they are installing a new 400 3 phase amp supply that we are putting into a busbar with 4 new boards. As well as these new boards we have to re supply the existing board, do i have to test all the outgoing circuits on this existing board once we change over or just the new supply cable? if i do can i test as a pir (10%) of circuits ?

thanks

It would good to confirm the outgoing ccts still have continuity of CPC and correct polarity, i.e. things that your work MAY have affected, but there is no requirement to FULLY test the circuits, although many would.

I would normaly do a full inspection and include all circuits in the EIC, at the end of the day you have to satisfy that the installation is safe if one cicuit does not get tested then in my eyes the installation is not veryfied and "could" be unsafe.

I do hate the 50% or 30% pir reports, because the chosen circuits could be fine and the rest totally knackered.

However this is my very own personal approach and as such is not holding :)