New supply

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couleddie

Reaction score
Got to sort out new supply for this flat i'm working on. Spoken to DNO and got the form to fill in. Never done one of these before. Most of it is OK but a couple of parts need clarifying.

Where it states choice of either single or three phase it says that the single phase supply provides up to 20KVa for installations NOT including electric heating. That's fine but it does not have anything to fill in if the installation DOES have electric heating. These premises WILL have electric heating and water heating. Also oven/hob is electric and there's a 9.5Kw shower.

So what am I supposed to fill in? The heating will need to be off peak.

Also, it states they need a site drawing. I can understand this for newbuilds but this is an existing property that's just being upgraded. Do they still need plans, etc.?

Been second fixing today, freezing my Rs off! Good to get home for a nice warm brew.

The drawing is if the supply position is being altered.

New supply is something different - sounds like maybe the wrong form.

20KA is 87A - is that big enough for your MD? You also need to spec. E7; although that is metering; NOT DNO. i.e. you request E7 supply from the supplier you choose.

HTH

KME

Latest posts