new to easycert, need some shortcut tips

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fletchflash

Reaction score
Hi all,

finally moved into the modern age after reading so many posts about easycert. decided instead of wasting money on expensive scam cert pads i'd buy a netbook and easycert.

I must say, it looks great and after doing my first PIR other day with netbook on site im impressed.

I'm now trying to write up a larger report I'd done in rough before i bought easycert, but finding it real slow progress. There's quite a few different DB's, some of which are TP with large amounts of breakers the same. Is there any way on easycert to autofill columns? Ive found the auto fill with N/A etc, but i'm wanting to fill say 20 different circuits with '60898' or any other detail which is same for large multiples of circuits.

Also is there any way to move round the test sheet using just the keyboard?

Any other tips would be most welcome. sorry if this obvious, i promise i looked at the easycert help!

cheers

Hi there,

To copy a value all the way down the column simply right-click on the cell containing the BSEN number and select the Copy Value Down option from the menu displayed.

You can use the tab key to switch between cells instead of using the mouse.

Kind regards,

Brian Harper

Normally, if you fill in the first circuit`s details, when you move down to the second circuit, certain details (OCPD type, cable type & install method) are pre-filled - same on the results page with the insulation values. I tend to fill in everything other than the "N/A"s; then autofill "all N/A" (be aware that this does both the circuit details AND test results).

The only issue I have is the limitation on number of DBs that can be added - I`ve now done a few PIRs where I have more boards than Easycert will allow - in my opinion, it is something than needs to be addressed, as making a second cert causes issues with cert. numbers, page numbering, etc.

KME

Brian,

Many thanks for that. Its nice to know you look at the forum and can reply so quickly.

KME, what is the limit?

Ah okay. Havent got that many.

Take it that was that hotel you did?

Suppose when there's loads of smaller boards its not too difficult for an installation to get over 28.

Cracking on with this report now, loads quicker with the new tips. Can't seem to find an undo button though.....