newbie needing to know where to register NAPIT NICEIC ETC.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kim_l_fixit

Reaction score
Hi all searching round for competant people to assist me getting back into the game.

I have old 2381 level 3 and 2391 level 3 16th edition and wanted to upgrade to 17th edition.

I contacted local college and they say Ineed to have 2330 or part p full scope to resit 2382 and 2392

having dug around it looks like 2392 is an preparation course for 2391 17th edition......anyway the college say's my quali's arn't worth anything I took these in 2005 an 2006......I think they just want my money what is your advise.

Hi all

I am a newbie and have old qualification 2381 and 2391 16th edition and need to upgrade, I did old certs in 2005 and 2006 but when I spoke to local college they told me they wern't worth jack sh1t,

They advised I need to take 2330 or part p full scope? to become qualifed or start again with 2382-20 and 2392 ( when I read 2392 it says this is level 2 and is best starter course to prepare for 2391 level 3 which I have but in 16th edition)

I am verry confused, when I read napit site they say I need to complete their course also.

Simple question what is the cheapest/best route to get 17th edition and registered with good company.

Welcome to the forum. If you go to each of the scheme provider website and check their enrollment criteria. That will tell you which exam qualifications and fees are required. As for which one you consider good, is down to your personal preferences.

Doc H.

I think, and its only my opinion mind,

you may well need to do the 2382 exam, perhaps you can get an exam only,

and that is it.

my 2391 is 16th and they are fine with that as long as I have 17th 2382,

mind, I did have to do full 3 day course cos I only had a 15th previous,.! :Blushing

I already have old 16th edition 2381 level3 and 2391 level3

I need to update to 17th edition what certificate would you recomend.

I have been advised nomatter what oneI do I will stillneed Part P on top of it to be able to work....is this tru and what organisation is best to register with NAPIT ECA NICEIC etc.

Hello Kim_l_fixit, I have merged your three posts into the same thread as they are all asking the same, (or very similar question). The forum can get very cumbersome and messy if multiple copies of the same question from the same person are in several different areas. I am sure you can understand the reasons.

Doc H.

I agree with maselec, they are trying to get more money out of you. All you need is a 17th edition upgrade, one day course with exam at end. You already have 2391 which you need to register with one of the 6 bodies [they give you 12 months to get it if a Part P qual], the Part is for people with zero knowlegde, ie time served 2330 apprentice just needs the 17th to work domestic.

Try a different training centre, sure someone on here, in your area, can recommend one I'm sure, good luck.