next inspection

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chunky

Reaction score
guys, left my onsite guide on a job and just need to clarify when a commercial cafe needs retested after a pir?

thanks in advance:C

In old money

routine check every 12 months formal maximum interval between tests 5 years, subject to the inspectors finding and opinion.

Unless you have canned it for some reason, in which case much sooner. If there are '2's' I will often put say a three month a retest date to keep the customer focussed! I find that a lot just let it slide otherwise. When I give them the PIR I give a separate quote and that it remains unsatisfactory until the work is carried out.

Dunx

no it doesnt,it states on the PIR forms that I use the retest date is dependant on the recommendations being fulfilled.
No it doesn't what? Remain unsatisfactory? I suppose it is dependant but only becuase there has to be some sort of interval. But the issue is getting it satisfactory not the retest date.

No it doesn't what? Remain unsatisfactory? I suppose it is dependant but only becuase there has to be some sort of interval. But the issue is getting it satisfactory not the retest date.
I totally agree,

but you cant make the person ordering the work have it retested in 4 weeks time simply because they have a broken light switch in the spare room,

anyone with some competence or ability could change that and the house would now be honky dory, and comply, but only until the PIR ran out in 3weeks, and then the insurance company have yet another get out.

There is a clause automatically built into all PIR's, and that is that even if an unsatisfactory report is issued, providing all items with code 1's or 2's are rectified the validation period of the PIR it is acceptable to give an extended period. For an example lets take an environmental order placed on an established take away were they find gross deviations from the standards, to the extent that any food produced in the conditions they find could cause a serious health problem to their clients. They have two options, option 1 close them down immediately or option 2 give them a licence to carry on trading providing the clean up is actioned immediately. In the same respect we can show the errors, but we can not enforce a strict time scale to carry out remedials,I recently did a PIR where one of the main boards would cost in the region of