NICEIC Connections Magazine

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the issue is that people are being mislead by the NAPIT code breakers

IMHO NAPIT need to issue a very public clarification of the C2 codes they have got wrong

and yes the legislation is wrong, which I pointed out during the process, but they didn’t want to accept my points on the matter

I would be interested to know which specific codes you feel have been given a C2 in Codebreakers that are “wrong”.

You are looking at the second version of Codebreakers?

I know of two places they mention that in the BBB you've just mentioned the third for anyone that needed anymore confirmation. 

There aren't enough sparks in the country to fix up all these "deadly dangerous" houses that don't comply with the 18th.

well, there’s a local sparking business using the original version of Code breakers to justify their coding ........ 

shame Stroma / Napit just waved my renewal through as I was going to raise this with my assessor ....

@Murdoch, there were many contributors to Codebreakers, and not everyone agreed on the codes, but they should agree with the BPG.

If you read the front matter, it is explained that the codes are only examples, and it is down to the engineering judgement of the person doing the I&T to decide on the final code.

At lest if they code it 2, and the BPG is 3, then you can easily justify a 3, and if you really feel that things may go wrong, then you can C2 it.

I went behind a contract kitchen fitter in an industrial office block where he had drilled a cable, so there was little management input there!

It was a retrofit set of cabinets, the FCU below had been there since the building was built.

@Murdoch, there were many contributors to Codebreakers, and not everyone agreed on the codes, but they should agree with the BPG.

If you read the front matter, it is explained that the codes are only examples, and it is down to the engineering judgement of the person doing the I&T to decide on the final code.

At lest if they code it 2, and the BPG is 3, then you can easily justify a 3, and if you really feel that things may go wrong, then you can C2 it.

I went behind a contract kitchen fitter in an industrial office block where he had drilled a cable, so there was little management input there!

It was a retrofit set of cabinets, the FCU below had been there since the building was built.
with the greatest respect people are citing a Code Breakers as the gospel ...... People are using the pages of codes and using the Napit name to justify poor inspection skills 

another one today 🙁

clarification is needed .......